PDA

View Full Version : Matching helmets for the yellow RTS

TeresaR
07-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Ok, so I have a dumb question - does anyone know where to find a matching yellow helmet for the 2014 shade of yellow? All I can find are fluorescent yellows, and that's more of a clash than a match with this pretty golden yellow of the bike. Right now I'm wearing a black one, which is okay, but I would love to actually MATCH my bike! Any ideas out there?

ARtraveler
07-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Ok, so I have a dumb question - does anyone know where to find a matching yellow helmet for the 2014 shade of yellow? All I can find are fluorescent yellows, and that's more of a clash than a match with this pretty golden yellow of the bike. Right now I'm wearing a black one, which is okay, but I would love to actually MATCH my bike! Any ideas out there?

The Nolan N44 helmet color is pretty close. I purchased one to wear on the new RT.

TeresaR
07-27-2014, 09:42 PM
I actually just found one of those. Mighty expensive for something I don't "Need". *sigh*. I found one for $100 by another brand on sale at the local cycle gear, just like that, only the dang thing was florescent instead of "cab yellow".
I do have a purdy blue/silver one. Hey, anyone got a blue bike and wanna trade my blue full face for a yellow one? LOL It's a gorgeous helmet, size small.

Lilly
07-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Had mine painted :)

Chupaca
07-28-2014, 12:18 AM
get the best helmet you can for you and then if it not the color of your choice...paint it...don't buy a helmet just cause the color matches..:lecturef_smilie: Paint is cheap but your mind is priceless...:thumbup:

MDBumblebee
07-28-2014, 04:28 AM
The Nolan N44 helmet color is pretty close. I purchased one to wear on the new RT.

Ditto. got the nolan tech 44 as well; closest match I could find.

SNOOPY
07-28-2014, 05:13 AM
I have a Nolan N104, I think it's pretty close.

And I agree don't cheap out on a helmet to get the right color.

You can easily get it painted for a reasonable price.

PrairieSpyder
07-28-2014, 07:44 AM
+1 for I buying helmets that fit best and have the features you want. Mine is white so it wouldn't matter what color my ride is.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-04-2014, 01:01 AM
:lecturef_smilie:......I have ignored this many times .................They ( manufacturers ) say that PAINTING their helmet contributes to it's deterioration.............I think they are either C.Y.A legally speaking and/or just want you buy another Hemet in a different color ....take your pick :yikes: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: .....Mikeguyver :thumbup:

SNOOPY
08-04-2014, 05:05 AM
I think the whole deal w dating helmets is bogus, a great ploy for the industry.

Wish I could "make" my customers buy a new product every 5-10 years.

You tell me we don't have the technology to make a helmet that lasts longer?

DrewNJ
08-04-2014, 05:43 AM
The reason for recommending against painting has more to do with chemicals and sanding used to prep a surface prior to paint. Obviously sanding takes away from the surface material and some chemicals can make the outer shell brittle.
For a good painter that knows what they are doing its a non issue. However, helmet manufacturers realize their are far more hacks that "think" they know what they are doing....

Highwayman2013
08-04-2014, 06:45 AM
I wanted a Hi-Vis helmet so that is what I got but if you want a match you would need to get one painted.

ChasCS
08-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi,
Yeah, if you really want to match the Spyder paint job with your new helmet, you may.

Check here: http://www.uspaint.com/paints/spyder-aftermarket-paints.asp

They will have you covered.

Chas

Vrooom
11-27-2014, 12:08 AM
My Lst helmet took a header while I was transporting the Spyder, so I just tried out and purchased a Nolan 104 in yellow. Pretty close match to my Spyder and the fit is excellent and very comfortable for a woman's size xs. They have some closeouts at a decent price from Revzilla. You can also see video reviews of competing helmets on this website.

MRH
11-27-2014, 12:30 AM
I found that my silver helmet was a great match for my 2014 Yellow RT-S since it picked up on the silver in the bike. Not an answer to your question, but an alternative to consider. Mine is a Shoe and matched very well (not to mention being a great helmet, which you experience a lot more than the color).

Saluda
12-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Have heard people say that dating has a lot to do with the foam and padding life span. Has to still be able to absorb impact. Heat and perspiration do a lot to degrade it. Figure in a couple of drops that most people do and I'd advise replacement every so often.
You only get one head, what's it worth to you ?