PDA

View Full Version : catalytic converter

godfather
07-27-2014, 02:35 PM
New 2014 RTl promised the wife this one would be quiet, forgot about sound increase when they took off catalytic converter, has stock muffler. she says it sound like a hole in exhaust LOL
my question is"" would wrapping the bypass with the heat tape wrap help the tinny sound? and what brand or type is best? PS all this and I only have 5 miles on it told her it would be better after 3000 miles ...:banghead:

ulflyer
07-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Have her ride it for awhile and if she still doesn't like it you can
put the cat back on. I liked mine at first, but now with over 9K I'm not so sure! :yikes:

godfather
07-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Have her ride it for awhile and if she still doesn't like it you can
put the cat back on. I liked mine at first, but now with over 9K I'm not so sure! :yikes:

took it for ride today now have 26 miles sound are down at speed, hope i can please the wife, maybe if i turn the radio up real loud lol you guy do know its are about the wife right....

Benggolf
07-27-2014, 09:32 PM
took it for ride today now have 26 miles sound are down at speed, hope i can please the wife, maybe if i turn the radio up real loud lol you guy do know its are about the wife right....

If all fails, perhaps convince her to wear earplugs.....it will save her hearing. ;)

Am about to install the CAT delete pipe. I have the Akrapovic muffer on our RTL. Now you make me wonder if I am doing the right thing. :shocked:

The bike has less than 300 miles and the Akrapovic on the RTL sounds quiet compared to the one on the STS; that's why I considered the CAT delete pipe.

jaherbst
07-28-2014, 09:23 AM
If all fails, perhaps convince her to wear earplugs.....it will save her hearing. ;)

Am about to install the CAT delete pipe. I have the Akrapovic muffer on our RTL. Now you make me wonder if I am doing the right thing. :shocked:

The bike has less than 300 miles and the Akrapovic on the RTL sounds quiet compared to the one on the STS; that's why I considered the CAT delete pipe.

Very little difference in sound after Pitbull installed my CAT Bypass. Very slight increase. 2013 RT-S

Jack

Benggolf
07-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Very little difference in sound after Pitbull installed my CAT Bypass. Very slight increase. 2013 RT-S

Jack

Jaherbst, did you notice any difference in torque and power delivery?
I suspect opening up the exhaust will cause a slight loss in low end torque but better mid/high end power.

By the way, how long did it take Pitbull to install the CAT bypass on your RT?

Thanks for your input.