PDA

View Full Version : Met a nice gentleman

bruiser
07-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Yesterday. On our way to Myrtle Beach to see my brother and his family we stopped to purchase a seat/backrest combo form Magdave. Nice man. Quiet like me. Thanks Dave, I am going to install the seat today.

Had a really nice visit with my brother and his family too. They vacation in MB every year. Was a bit hot and humid so we spent most of the day inside. Had a great view of the beach from their condo. The drive home was not without drama. Ran into a very rough storm. We had been watching the lightning off in the distance for quite a while. Then we hit it. The rain was really coming down, we had to drop our speed down to 30 mph. We still had idiots passing us at 60-70 mph or more. One of them got their comeuppance though. Saw them about 10 miles up the road,pulled over, with four patrol cars behind them. :thumbup: The lightning was constant and so bright it was like a flash bulb right in your face. I haven't seen lightning like that in a long time. After some 30 or so miles we ran out of it. And just had off and on showers the rest of the way home. A 2.5 hour drive turned in to 4 hours. Got home at midnight. Thankfully we were not on the Spyders. :yikes:

Chupaca
07-25-2014, 10:30 AM
nice trip all but the stormy weather. Like the way you left the fact you were not on your roadster to the very end..was really feeling for you...:roflblack: Glad your home late but safe...:thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
07-25-2014, 12:01 PM
nice trip all but the stormy weather. Like the way you left the fact you were not on your roadster to the very end..was really feeling for you...:roflblack: Glad your home late but safe...:thumbup:

I agree, he had me going for awhile.

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
07-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Ditto on the no :spyder2:'s until the end. :thumbup:

wyliec
07-25-2014, 03:59 PM
The first paragraph was a good indication he didn't have his spyder. He mentioned installing the seat/back rest the next day. Kind of hard to carry another seat/back rest even on an RT.

ChasCS
07-25-2014, 08:44 PM
& nor even any lightning pics?! What were you on, the Grey-hound Bus? ;-)

Yeah, you gotta love the rain, as it poured here for about 18 hrs straight today... !!
I am glad you made it home, safe if later. Time for a ryde...

Chas

Bob Denman
07-26-2014, 08:24 AM
The first paragraph was a good indication he didn't have his spyder. He mentioned installing the seat/back rest the next day. Kind of hard to carry another seat/back rest even on an RT.
They have a pair of RTs. Carrying a seat on the pillion is easy-peasey! :D :2thumbs:

ChasCS
07-26-2014, 11:12 AM
The general consensus is that most of the many Can Am dealerships seem to have a good selection of awesome sales and support staff.

These Spyder forums also hold some gems of members... Just saying. ;-)

The friendliness abounds.

Chas

Bob Denman
07-26-2014, 01:40 PM
We're friendlier than an encyclopedia salesman with a hot prospect...

...Until we start talking about oils, speed limits, DWI checkpoints, helmets, tires, tire pressures, gun ownership, the existence of God... :gaah:

ChasCS
07-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Not to mention political discussion, and matters of the heart!! ;-)

Chas

Bob Denman
07-26-2014, 06:02 PM
And Joe :lecturef_smilie: can't talk about Battery chargers... :D