PDA

View Full Version : question on back rests

cuznjohn
07-24-2014, 01:22 PM
hey people, on the 14 rt ltd seat there is a opening for the back rest from brp, question is if i ordered one is the setup for it in the seat already or does it have to be installed. thanks. by the way my elkas are on the way and should be here by tuesday

PW2013STL
07-24-2014, 01:34 PM
John,

There is a mounting plate that bolts (4 bolts) to the bottom of the seat. The back rest slides into that and it has a spring latch that you pull to allow you to remove the backrest.

cuznjohn
07-24-2014, 01:40 PM
thanks

Bob Denman
07-24-2014, 01:50 PM
John,
It sounds as if it falls into the "Easy-Peasey" category... :D

Good Luck with the Elkas; we're waiting for your "Report From The Saddle". :thumbup:

PW2013STL
07-24-2014, 02:14 PM
John,
It sounds as if it falls into the "Easy-Peasey" category... :D

Very easy :ohyea:

The sad part is the back rest between the stock and comfort seat are the same only the mounting plates are different. If BRP would sell the mounting plates you could change between the seats, but no dice so when I sold the comfort seat I had to also sell the backrest:banghead:

ARtraveler
07-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Yep! on the mounting questions. Also works with the Utopia backrest.

A lot of us complained that they had different backrests for different seats.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-24-2014, 09:06 PM
hey people, on the 14 rt ltd seat there is a opening for the back rest from brp, question is if i ordered one is the setup for it in the seat already or does it have to be installed. thanks. by the way my elkas are on the way and should be here by tuesday
:popcorn:....Or you could get the Utopia ( I think it's actually more comfortable because it is adjustable ) for about 1/2 the price .............just a suggestion .....Mikeguyver :thumbup:...........I have one and Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: