PDA

View Full Version : downshifted to first and engine just stopped now stuck in 1st and won't start sts-se5

grooby_doo
07-23-2014, 10:34 PM
Hello all, I'm new here. i have a 2013 STS-SE5 that I just got from someone. 1800 miles. Tonight I was coming home and going downhill so downshifted from 2nd to 1st because I was going super slow and wanted to keep the rpms decent but when I hit the downshift the engine just quit. I pulled to the side thinking I would just restart it. But it didn't shift to neutral and won't start. I let it sit 10 min thinking to reset the computer and started over and still nothing. Everything else works so I know it's not the battery. The parking brake is on and the oil light is on the cluster so i put a little oil in thinking it was that and still nothing. I pulled the codes they are this:

P0031
P0340
P0458
P0335
P0231
P0037
P081A

Still no luck. I have no idea why it won't start..won't even make a sound. I'm getting it towed tomorrow I guess so if anyone knows a good dealer in the Irvine, CA or Laguna Beach area that would help. I know of mission motorsports but when I called them they didn't know too much. Any ideas?? Thanks! grooby_doo@yahoo.com

ARtraveler
07-23-2014, 10:40 PM
You might want to keep this to just one thread so as to avoid confusion. I note you have three threads up now. The ST forum is probably the best thread to keep.

Chupaca
07-23-2014, 10:53 PM
all codes are ecm and cam positioning sensor and not likely you can fix it on the side of the road. May be something simple but may need buds and the dealer...:gaah:

spyryder
07-23-2014, 11:27 PM
You have to have your foot on the brake to start it in gear.

Desert Spyder
10-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Hello all, I'm new here. i have a 2013 STS-SE5 that I just got from someone. 1800 miles. Tonight I was coming home and going downhill so downshifted from 2nd to 1st because I was going super slow and wanted to keep the rpms decent but when I hit the downshift the engine just quit. I pulled to the side thinking I would just restart it. But it didn't shift to neutral and won't start. I let it sit 10 min thinking to reset the computer and started over and still nothing. Everything else works so I know it's not the battery. The parking brake is on and the oil light is on the cluster so i put a little oil in thinking it was that and still nothing. I pulled the codes they are this:

P0031
P0340
P0458
P0335
P0231
P0037
P081A

Still no luck. I have no idea why it won't start..won't even make a sound. I'm getting it towed tomorrow I guess so if anyone knows a good dealer in the Irvine, CA or Laguna Beach area that would help. I know of mission motorsports but when I called them they didn't know too much. Any ideas?? Thanks! grooby_doo@yahoo.com

What happened after this post? Did it get fixed ok?