PDA

View Full Version : Lamonster Garage, SpyderLovers and BRP in 2015......

Lamonster
07-23-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm pleased to announce that Lamonster Garage is going to play a big part in the launch of the 2015 product line for BRP. It will start at the dealer meeting Sept. 23 and it just gets better from there. There will be a BIG public showing at Daytona Bikeweek in March and SpyderLovers members will be the guest of honor. We want as many of you that can to show up for this event. I can't say much right now but I will after Sept' 23. I can promise you that you won't be disappointed. :yes::2excited:

So let's see how close you can guess what the new 2015 Spyder lineup will look like. Post your guess here and whoever is deemed to be the closes to getting it right I will provide you a free gift from Lamonster Garage like some highway brackets or something like that.

Let the games begin :doorag:

Lin
07-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Congratulations! No one can promote the Spyder better than you and I'm glad BRP is including you in this newest roll out!

flamingobabe
07-23-2014, 01:52 PM
First off...Congrats......now for the new 2015's........two-tone and Tri-colors.....1330 engine in ST and RSS.....more air flow venting....

Marker
07-23-2014, 01:53 PM
For 2015 a new entry level model to make it more affordable for people to ride the spyder.
also a spyder RT with a new ACE 1800CC motor option. The RS become the entry level spyder with a new sport model RS with a new frame and ACE motor 1500cc.:firstplace:

Bob Denman
07-23-2014, 01:56 PM
RT & ST models: BNGs, and perhaps (hopefully) some improved electronics functions...
RS: 600 ACE engine,simplified and lightened-up: the perfect starter :f_spider:
RS-S : Articulating chassis and a power upgrade to the 998... maybe even a big-bore version!

outlawsix
07-23-2014, 02:01 PM
A 1330 in a ST that is tuned different than in the RT, way faster. Maybe a Spyder under 10 grand with 600, 650 or so engine in it?

lil rabbit
07-23-2014, 02:10 PM
:congrats: on your new journey with BRP!!!! I agree with bigger motors for all models, better air flow, possibly cruise control on RS/RSS's, six speed transmissions also on RS/RSS's. But what ever they are it should be hopefully more affordable for the average person....

Rando
07-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Leaning.

Bob Denman
07-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Lamont,
If the Party starts on the 23rd; when will the product announcements be made? :dontknow:
(Where is this meeting being held? ;))

ARtraveler
07-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Wish I could be there, but cannot.

My predictions:

Not much change to the basic RT line. Perhaps an "ultimate tourer" with an even bigger engine, a real touring seat, and of course some new colors.

ST: may get a 1330 engine.

RS will be the one that gets tweeked. Time for styling upgrades on the chassis, a bigger engine for the RSS.

Also time for a "smaller" version as in entry level. I like the idea of 600 or so cc.

A $10K to $12K entry level price is needed.

retirednick
07-23-2014, 02:32 PM
congrats on remaining a large part of the Spyder world, well deserved for all of your efforts past and present.

Just a WAG from me Hybrid RSS

FaranH
07-23-2014, 02:39 PM
First off...Congrats......now for the new 2015's........two-tone and Tri-colors.....1330 engine in ST and RSS.....more air flow venting....

Is that one entry or three? ;)

Topshotta
07-23-2014, 02:44 PM
RS: 998 Entry level cheaper price, new vent panels
RSS: engine upgrade to 1330 ACE, new vent panels
ST: engine upgrade to 13330 ACE, new vent panels
RT: no change

stevedfive
07-23-2014, 03:18 PM
RT will have a 1800cc engine and will have more storage space making the bike bigger.
ST/RS will have a 1300 or 1500cc engine and the new brake system.

revjvegas
07-23-2014, 03:22 PM
They're going to bring back the Viper Red so I can buy a 2015!

DLewis
07-23-2014, 03:56 PM
RT - color changes, ST - bigger engine , RS/S - body panel changes (more venting) new colors , RS - entry level w/ smaller engine

purplepig
07-23-2014, 04:24 PM
RT series new colors
RS series will offer smaller engine, lighter chassis possibly even smaller chassis; starting price $9999.99
ST will get new engine but different from RT. Larger displacement w/ great torque

maliamd
07-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Has been all ready said but new entry level bike. RS mini that costs less and will be more affordable for the younger market. :popcorn:

Plyrod38
07-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Shaft drive on all models, Larger engine on the RS and ST.

mindman
07-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Congratulations Lamont ! This is a well deserved tribute to someone who has not only promoted the Spyder line-up from the very beginning but a man who has demonstrated a contagious enthusiasm for the brand, helped countless people with technical advice and solutions, and in every way possible is a positive representative for BRP.

For 2015 I see the 1330 being the new standard for all models along with some performance upgrades for the RSS, and only color changes for the RT.

Big Arm
07-23-2014, 05:05 PM
RT will pretty much stay the same this coming yr. but will bring back the frunk opener.
ST and the RS's will see the 1330 engine. Both will have better heat management.
Oh.......and Congrat's Lamont !!!!!!

otter28169
07-23-2014, 05:13 PM
RS: price will be lowered seeing as the design costs have already been recouped. No changes because that would create more cost.

RS-S: 150hp motor, and minor body changes.

SS: this is the new model that will provide a lower seating position and forward controls
OR
MS: the mini-spyder. A youth model for the back yard. Get 'em started young

RT and ST: The ST is too new to get any major changes. The RT just had a major redesign and will also see minor changes.

Just sayin'..........

Cruzr Joe
07-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Hopefully a 2015 RT-S that my wife will let me buy. (did I win?).

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
07-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Joe,
That depends upon what your Wife says... :D

(But since you've got her; you're already a winner! :firstplace:)

Laila's Dad
07-23-2014, 05:40 PM
not sure if this is a proper response since it is based on what we think will be on the 2015, but here is what I would like for my RSS model that I am in love with:

- wider front tires and of course a wider fender for those tires, gives it a meaner look in my opinion

- more factory rim options to eliminate us having to look into the aftermarket realm when they don't really know how to work on Spyders properly

- add a sound system of sorts to the RSS which will compete with JL Audio which is running the aftermarket sound system for Spyders. Hopefully this system will be integrated without taking up t(f)runk space.

- licence plate relocator that won't have the license plate cracking every 10,000 miles from vibrations.

- have a peg/floorboard and seat package that you can choose based on taller riders. Maybe even stretch it a little but still be within the safety realm that I love about my Spyder

- do whatever they did on the RT to extend the fuel. filling up in 110 miles is not ideal but this isn't major for me...maybe add a reserve tank of sorts that will eliminate the need for the gas can that takes up space on a road trip

- have different light packages(at an additional cost of course) maybe round ones(current) or a light strip of some sort

- PLEASE ADD A COMPUTER NOTIFICATION THAT REMINDS US WHEN AN OIL CHANGE/SERVICE IS NEEDED. This would be a big seller for me.

Pirate looks at --
07-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Hopefully a 2015 RT-S that my wife will let me buy. (did I win?).

Cruzr Joe

she let you buy the 2014, don't be greedy!

Chupaca
07-23-2014, 05:44 PM
you have worked hard for them and deserve this..wish I could be there but not happening. As for the 2015 I see perhaps an entry level version. They have put in alot and put up with a lot the last two years and don't see them jumping into massive changes to all the remaining models. But logic never works...:roflblack: Have a blast will read about it...:2thumbs:

ARCTIC
07-23-2014, 05:45 PM
An RS-X model that is an on/off road spyder. :ohyea:

Dan McNally
07-23-2014, 05:51 PM
They will be introducing a two-wheeler. It will be the ET model. Here is a photo taken of the prototype while being tested

Cruzr Joe
07-23-2014, 05:52 PM
she let you buy the 2014, don't be greedy!

she let me buy the 12 and the 13 and the 14, but she said she don't even want to hear the number 15.

Cruzr Joe

jScotD
07-23-2014, 06:06 PM
:bowdown:
RS: 998 Entry level cheaper price, new vent panels
RSS: engine upgrade to 1330 ACE, new vent panels
ST: engine upgrade to 13330 ACE, new vent panels
RT: no change

CentralCoastCA
07-23-2014, 06:19 PM
HID headlights standard on all models, lighting on the front fenders that operates in sync with turn signals all models, a standard 3rd brake light option (like Tricled) on the top case of the RT and something similar for the ST/RS, turn signal lighting on the mirrors for all models.

TicketBait
07-23-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm pleased to announce that Lamonster Garage is going to play a big part in the launch of the 2015 product line for BRP.

So let's see how close you can guess what the new 2015 Spyder lineup will look like. Post your guess here and whoever is deemed to be the closes to getting it right I will provide you a free gift from Lamonster Garage like some highway brackets or something like that.

If you are playing a big part in the Launch, then I know it will be great:thumbup:

MY guess :The line up will stay the same for the RT, new color added and fuel door on seat.

the ST will have a beefed up engine, and one new color will be either pink or purple
and the RS will be offered in hybrid:yes:

DJFaninTN
07-23-2014, 06:41 PM
she let me buy the 12 and the 13 and the 14, but she said she don't even want to hear the number 15.

Cruzr Joe

don't worry Joe ... that 15 will be her new bike. you'll be stuck on the 14 :roflblack:

djhobin
07-23-2014, 06:53 PM
For the 2015 ST & RSS 6th Gear and Body Panels with air scoops for getting a bigger air flow under the Tupperware.

cyclelover63
07-23-2014, 07:08 PM
1) Sidecar for puppies
2) New designed cluster with integrated GPS,weather,radio as in Goldwing
3) New turn signal switch

mustangbob
07-23-2014, 07:17 PM
adjustable nanny settings, shaft drive

StanProff
07-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Congrats Lamont! Well deserved.
I'll stick with the RT's as that is the one I am most familiar with. New color or two for sure (hoping for the 2010 blue color that I have). Also on the tech side, I would not be surprised to see a integrated (BMW style) entertainment Info system including built in GPS navigation in the center display on the dash. Perhaps a factory seat fuel door and factory Corbin style passenger arm rest. I don't really think the engine will change in the RT, The adjustable handlebar may also find its way to the Limited. No shaft drive but we could see a belt tensioner as standard to eliminate the belt vibration. I'd also like to see some chrome come back in style. I also think it is time for BRP to do some custom paint designs (stripes, flames etc.) just for fun. :pray:

bruiser
07-23-2014, 07:42 PM
RTS will get new dash, no analog gauges. One new paint color. Drive train remains same. RT LTD. New dash same as RTS, two tone paint. No other changes.

ST Limited to get 1330 engine. Some body panel changes for cooling. Two tone paint. Six speed trans. STS will get new drive train. New paint color

RSS don't know. Maybe loose that model and come out with a different model.

No hybrids. Yet.

daveinva
07-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Different colors for the RT. Maybe an official "Lamonster" edition?

*Maybe* the 1330 for the ST.

The cheaper RS intro model with a smaller Rotax.

... and nothing I will want to trade my 2010 RS in for, alas. :(

Wiredux
07-23-2014, 07:57 PM
I think the ST and the RT will remain the same. I think the RS will go away to allow for a complete redesign to come into play. Just my $0.02

billrob71
07-23-2014, 08:07 PM
What ever is said is just guessing so I'll just sit back :popcorn:

What ever comes Lamont already has it 2 years ago :rolleyes: and if he said we won't be disappointed, gotta go with that. We will all know soon enough.

The cat bypass , did they say-anything positive or negative about it?

hut1
07-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Congrats Lamont! You are BRP's MVP! :yes:

Ok, here's my shot at it:

The RS will have very few changes and will remain the "entry level" model in the line-up. The price will drop again to make it more affordable for first-timers/younger buyers.

The RSS will get significant upgrades to distinguish it even further from the RS. Upgrades will be performance and appearance oriented and will only enhance the image of it being the "hot rod" model in the stable.

The ST will get the 1330 and other standard touring comforts.

The RT will get very few major changes, only creature comforts and accessories.

Of course there will be a couple of color changes/additions for each model, with something classy like a "Champagne" color for the RT/ST Limited editions.

The major changes for the entire line-up will be addressing the (heat, switches, etc.) issues that many of you have identified.

The next completely new model will be the Hybrid, or better yet, an electric plug-in model.

KAPike
07-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Shaft drive RT with New rear styling from the driver back.
Graphic and paint options beyond single colors.
Radical new RS design in two power plant options.
New trailer design.

Kratos
07-23-2014, 08:42 PM
RT........no changes
ST........receives 1300
RS-S......this is it's year, and I don't know what they have in store for it, but I have a feeling a 15 will be in my garage. :yes::yes::yes:

dvandal
07-23-2014, 08:54 PM
A new model: Spyder LE (Lamonster Edition) :popcorn:
Else, all the things that look plausible have been already said ;)

spydaman60
07-23-2014, 09:17 PM
i'm not even guessing, but I hope the rss improvements will be impressive enough to make me want to buy a new one!!! :thumbup: i'm waiting with checkbook in hand! :roflblack::roflblack:

lyonsden
07-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Congrats Lamont. I think it is well deserved! I think the RT will get new colors including a deep red and integrated Bluetooth. :yes:

retread
07-23-2014, 10:15 PM
For the RT, I'd like to see a wider, longer top box (trunk), and at least optional "doors" for the sidebags that are 2 to 3 inches deeper.
An all digital instrument panel would be good.
For the ST, the 1330/6speed in a little higher state of tune, and an air rear suspension
For the RSS, an optional 1200 V-twin, 6speed, and adjustable VSS.
For the RS, price drop, smaller engine, fully automatic trans.

john

PMK
07-23-2014, 10:48 PM
LED Headlights.

New upper suspension arms with adjustable castor and camber.

RT with fully auto transmission.

Small detail refinements to the RT.

ST series gets big motor and suspension upgrades.

RS gets new frame, keeps small engine, but gets engine refinements to boost HP towards 140 HP.

All models go to OBD engine codes able to be read by any shop with a reader.

PK

robmorg
07-23-2014, 11:38 PM
:congrats: to Lamonster Garage

For 2015...

An entry model with a more affordable price
The 1330 engine for the ST
No one else has said it so I'm stickin' my neck out.... A hybrid option somewhere in the lineup. :rolleyes:

wyliec
07-24-2014, 06:00 AM
No one else has said it so I'm stickin' my neck out.... A hybrid option somewhere in the lineup. :rolleyes:

You're not sticking your neck out. It was mentioned earlier in this thread.

wyliec
07-24-2014, 06:04 AM
LED Headlights.

New upper suspension arms with adjustable castor and camber.

RT with fully auto transmission.

Small detail refinements to the RT.

ST series gets big motor and suspension upgrades.

RS gets new frame, keeps small engine, but gets engine refinements to boost HP towards 140 HP.

All models go to OBD engine codes able to be read by any shop with a reader.

PK

I like this one.:thumbup:

Just one question. Is the new frame to prevent heat issues, or for leaning purposes, or increase h.p. to weight ratio?

Genet
07-24-2014, 07:17 AM
I'm pleased to announce that Lamonster Garage is going to play a big part in the launch of the 2015 product line for BRP. It will start at the dealer meeting Sept. 23 and it just gets better from there. There will be a BIG public showing at Daytona Bikeweek in March and SpyderLovers members will be the guest of honor. We want as many of you that can to show up for this event. I can't say much right now but I will after Sept' 23. I can promise you that you won't be disappointed. :yes::2excited:

Good morning,I was told that your the to see about a cat bypass.
i live in Fla,so a trip to you is not in the cards.
can I purchase one from you?
I just installed a tailgunner muffler on my 2013 st s and was told on here that if I need louder the cat bypass is the way to go.
can you give me your opinion about the bypass?
thanks genet.

ARCTIC
07-24-2014, 08:04 AM
I didn't read all the responses so sorry if someone else guessed this but I think a fully automatic transmission is in the lineup on a few models. NO MORE SHIFTING :2thumbs:

Grandpa Pete
07-24-2014, 08:40 AM
stock duel exhaust, mute button for rear passenger (jk), front tilting nose piece like on a sled for easy access to motor:clap::clap::clap:

Ivorspyder
07-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Congrats Lamont.All sounds very exciting.Looking forward to September and certainly Daytona next March.My guess is they will change the look somewhat on the RT to keep it interesting.
As for the mechanical side they seem to have got it completely right this year.
ivor

Woodsrider
07-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Here's my crystal ball. Repeat of others of course:

2015 gets a Plug in hybrid. I'll go even more specific and say full time electric drive with gas generator a'la Chevy Volt.

Colors (of course, new year, color changes).

A more 'entry' entry model with either 998 or smaller.

More models get the 1330.

If the plug in hybrid comes out I may just buy a 2015, but depends on price point. With Tesla III targeted at 35k - $7500 US gov cheese I may just get the Tesla.

Denny B.
07-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Glad to hear it. One thing I'd sure like to see is legitimization / legalization of aftermarket products without having to worry (WARNING: THIS MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE DEATH!) every time you think about doing something to make your bike better.

Denny Blew

bscrive
07-24-2014, 11:33 AM
RS - entry level machine with a 650cc engine without most of the panels and no frunk.
RSS - Turbo charged engine
ST line up - 1330cc engine
RT - Line up - LED headlights

murphybrown
07-24-2014, 11:44 AM
I feel that BRP would benefit from "increasing" formula for a much longer lasting tire than the Kenda OEM's. "BRP controls the formula". This is the statement I got from Kenda direct. :thumbup:

Lamonster
07-24-2014, 12:37 PM
I feel that BRP would benefit from "increasing" formula for a much longer lasting tire than the Kenda OEM's. "BRP controls the formula". This is the statement I got from Kenda direct. :thumbup:

All the tires are now 2012 spec.

Jeriatric
07-24-2014, 12:39 PM
RT's with a 10 gal fuel tank

White Lightening
07-24-2014, 01:57 PM

Please explain? Did they change the spec after 2012 and now they are returning to it? If it has changed what is the effective date stamped on the tires so we know if we are getting the better spec? Is the 2012 spec a harder compound?

HuckFin
07-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Increase the Rotex twin to 150 hp with 6 speed transmission for the RS-S. Boost the RT three cylinder to 125 hp+.

Laila's Dad
07-24-2014, 03:13 PM
...one other thing, give a realistic top speed. so I can stop hearing of speeds from 125mph to 180mph...
nojoke

bbodah
07-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Congrats Lamont for Sure. You deserve it! My hopes are also for a tilting front end!

Woodsrider
07-24-2014, 03:41 PM

Tires last over 5k, and they are cheap.....that's friggen amazing to this motorcycle rider.

Woodsrider
07-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Congrats Lamont for Sure. You deserve it! My hopes are also for a tilting front end!

When I had Saab Sonett's, the SIII version didn't get the tilt front end of the earlier models. An enterprising engineer designed a DIY to make your own tilting front end.

Since much of what we want to get to is underseat/behind side panels, we really need to design side panels that tilt up like lambo door kits. First engineer to design that kit is going to pocket some coin...

Xcarman
07-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Open engine -- fewer side covers

Bob Denman
07-24-2014, 05:10 PM
That might be seen on the entry-level model that's been kicked around a bit... :thumbup:
(Less Tupperware, means less-pricey!)

jaherbst
07-24-2014, 06:10 PM
They're going to bring back the Viper Red so I can buy a 2015!

Me Too!!

Chief-J
07-25-2014, 05:48 AM
First Congrats on being selected for such a task.

I think the 2015's should all have; 1. Screw on type oil filter, easy maintenance and less parts to mess with. 2. A manual Park Brake for the RT SE, if the cable comes loose on the system they have now, the bike will roll away. 3. Standard Hand Brake for Safety. 4. Better placement of the Coolant Tank, still hard to reach for us Big Hand people. 5. Better Tire's

ctpaddler2000
07-25-2014, 06:42 AM
My guess/wish list....

Fully auto twist and go.
Entry level model with RT seating, handlebar, floorboard configuration.
Naked model. Kind of like the Honda Big Ruckus.
This is way out there, but perhaps automotive style controls like the Polaris Ace or Slingshot (to debut in two days).

I like everyone's suggestions, but I don't think a color change or a few more HP are worthy of a bike week reveal. It better be BIG !

Brogers57
07-25-2014, 07:01 AM
New radio for 2015 please :) I'd say most everybody would agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
07-25-2014, 07:44 AM
My guess/wish list....
Fully auto twist and go.
Entry level model with RT seating, handlebar, floorboard configuration.
Naked model. Kind of like the Honda Big Ruckus.
:2thumbs:

Lamonster
07-25-2014, 09:30 AM
This will be the last day of guesses and I will lock the thread and revisit it later and we'll see how close you all were. :doorag:

Bob Denman
07-25-2014, 09:33 AM
:D
:bbq::bbq::bbq:
:2thumbs:

bruiser
07-25-2014, 10:45 AM
This just in from a "friend".

ST will not get 1330 ACE. It will be the turbo charged 115 HP 914 engine.

Disclaimer: I have not verified the content of this "information". The identity of this "friend" cannot be divulged.

:joke:

Tango
07-25-2014, 01:01 PM
1330 for the ST. A new entry level "ace" engine for the other bikes. No more V-Twin engines. Fox adjustable shocks on all the Spyders. New rear tire by a real tire company. With matching tires for the front. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

MarkLawson
07-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Will be looking to see if I had any influence on the BRP guy you pointed me to at Daytona. If so,

Intercom - standard equipment on at least one level of the RT
Premium Audio/entertainment options such as multiple Blutooth inputs, touch screen, voice commands , Cell Phone integration, CB & Entertainment Harness already installed.
1330 Triple available on other lines.

Noral
07-25-2014, 08:10 PM
TWO Tone RT maybe bright Green with black fenders or other bright colors to set the unit off and make another impression, Gas fill door, Shorty antenna, Directional Arrow in mirror,Blue tooth,Bigger brake pad, Windshield that don't vibrate, And maybe a HOT TUB and Palm trees. HA HA

Guesswho
07-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Automatic canx blinker, fully automatic instead of semi, and a hand break instead of the foot one....so not really big changes...so i'm sure i'm wrong.

new2spyder
07-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Hi! I think the 2015s (at least the RT) will have a keyless ignition and a key fob to lock the front trunk/ back trunk and saddle bags also setting an alarm. More importantly a turbo or super charger. The RT also should come with a third brake light standard!