PDA

View Full Version : Laser allignement

Genet
07-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Hi guys,I think I need a laser alignment ,I got my bike about 4 weeks ago, was not happy with the way it handled,I told the dealership and they just blew me off.
i had the BRP shock and sway bar kit installed,not a big improvement,so now I'm thinking alignment .the dealership wants 150.00 to do it.i was thinking it should have been done once the front end work was done,they said no I have to pay for it.
is that true,does anyone know ?

MouthPiece
07-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Hi guys,I think I need a laser alignment ,I got my bike about 4 weeks ago, was not happy with the way it handled,I told the dealership and they just blew me off.
i had the BRP shock and sway bar kit installed,not a big improvement,so now I'm thinking alignment .the dealership wants 150.00 to do it.i was thinking it should have been done once the front end work was done,they said no I have to pay for it.

Unfortunately it is true. (there may be exceptions) I have recommended to my dealer that he make it SOP to have the laser alignment done at the time of sale of a spyder. They can add the charge to the setup fee.

​Chris

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-22-2014, 09:13 PM
:welcome:...The only alignment procedure I would consider is the ROLO/OUTLAW lazar system.....If the dealer you are referring to is charging that much money He/they are over-charging you......Check here on the HOME page for the dealers or independents in your area that do this. Normally the cost is $125 ..........Mikeguyver................PS the more info you supply ...the better the answers you will get

Flamewinger
07-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Don't get the dealers to do it. Those that are starting to do it are just learning how and paying to be a guinea pig is wrong.

Susie - 2013 Spyder ST Limited
1983-2004 Goldwings. (5)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

SpyderAnn01
07-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Are you anywhere near St. Petersburg? Precisyion Trac (Clair & Vicky Bird) are there and they do Rolo Laser Alignments. They are a sponsor and you can find their info on the home page.

spyderbirds
07-23-2014, 06:37 AM
Are you anywhere near St. Petersburg? Precisyion Trac (Clair & Vicky Bird) are there and they do Rolo Laser Alignments. They are a sponsor and you can find their info on the home page.

Thanks Ann,

spyderbirds
07-23-2014, 06:38 AM

Our price is $120.00 if your near us in St Pete and we have ton lots of spyders!

Gray Ghost
07-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Not sure where you are in Davenport, but the city itself is about centered between St Petersburg and Edgewater (ROLO headquarters).

As far as dealerships go, not sure where you bought your Spyder but if you are not satisfied with them you might look into Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee. They do a lot to sponsor Spyder events in the area and when I have had to have anything done to my byke that I needed dealer support on, they have done a good job. (I lived in Kissimmee for a couple of years while going to school)