PDA

View Full Version : FUN BIKE --Dont you believe it

Jdsd1
07-21-2014, 05:10 PM
There is a dealer in San Diego called FUN Bike, well don't believe it. I warn all that every area of the dealership experience is not fun. I wont bore everyone with all of the UN-Fun things from sales to service to attitude that I have experienced but to all in the San Diego area be warned and stay away from probably the worst dealership in any area.

Bob Denman
07-21-2014, 05:20 PM
A post such as yours: devoid of details and evidence; is pretty much worthless...
Sorry... :shocked:

Remember: they're not even in here, so they can't defend themselves either...

Eagle1
07-21-2014, 05:34 PM
I agree with Bob, give some details and let others decide for themselves.

Chupaca
07-21-2014, 05:42 PM
they may not be the best but far from the worst from some I have dealt with. I bought my RS from them back in 2012 and all was about par. Have been back a few times but only for oil and helping others with apparel. I guess all dealers have their ups and downs. I now go to South Bay but only cause the back roads getting there are so much fun...sorry you had a bad experience with Fun Bike. :thumbup:

vided
07-21-2014, 06:14 PM
What do you claim they did or didn't do.

Pennyrick
07-21-2014, 06:22 PM
There is a dealer in San Diego called FUN Bike, well don't believe it. I warn all that every area of the dealership experience is not fun. I wont bore everyone with all of the UN-Fun things from sales to service to attitude that I have experienced but to all in the San Diego area be warned and stay away from probably the worst dealership in any area.

This is the kind of post that accomplishes nothing. Without any pertinent information you flame this dealer. Give us some information and maybe we can sympathize or tend to understand your unhappiness.

ARtraveler
07-21-2014, 06:36 PM
I claim to be a Consumer Advocate.

Here, on Spyderlovers, you are going to run into a bit of a problem with flaming a dealer without detailed information about why, wherefore, and what they did to deserve it.

Like others, I would also like to hear the details. Most of us agree that there are three sides to every story. The challenger, the defender, and what really happened.

Most will not make up their minds until we have a lot more facts.

:bbq:

Jdsd1
07-22-2014, 06:41 PM
A post such as yours: devoid of details and evidence; is pretty much worthless...
Sorry... :shocked:

Remember: they're not even in here, so they can't defend themselves either...

fair enough. Examples I purchase a bike that was suppose to have a light in the trunk, LED lights on the fenders, automatic trunk release none of these were on the bike when I picked it up. I decided to get several after market items the take the bike back to the dealer to have those installed as well as have them connect those items that were missing to begin with. The answer I got was the Spyder came in a box and all the dealer does is put tires on, so if there were things not hooked that was a BRP problem and the dealer cant help. As to the after market items they wont do those things, which on my previous bike they did. OK they changed there policy. Trouble with that is I called the day before to schedule an appointment was told one wasn't necessary but they could do the add ons when I brought the bike in. The next day they wanted to know if I had an appointment and they didn't do after market jobs.

The attitude of all I encountered was one of disinterest.
After I bought the bike the wife of the owner called to thank me and asked about my experience which wasn't good. I detailed all of the issues, she was sorry and told me not to worry, my visit to the service department would be painless and they would take care of everything, Well that didn't work.

So That is why I had an UN-FUN experience.
P.S I took the Spyder in today to Southbay motorsports. Great friendly and competent service, they will have the add on's tomorrow. Also the BRP issue I still have to work on that

Well Hell
07-22-2014, 07:13 PM
We bought our 2013 RT-S from them last summer and have had some ups and downs with them. I find that if you go in armed with the info you can get things done. This site has helped with that. They did install my new sway bar, wired my high mount trunk light, so I can't complain about them not doing after market stuff. For non warranty stuff I go to Lou up in Riverside. Lou knows his stuff! A bit of a ride but he is great. Fun Bikes gets to do two more oil changes then it's time to do my own. By the way welcome to the club. Look up SRA San Diego, it is a great group of folks with Spyders. PM me if you want details. Hope to see you on the road!:ohyea:

billrob71
07-22-2014, 08:16 PM
What bike did you buy from them?

if it's a new RT I think the frunk light is still a add on, the new bikes have LEDs in the front of the fender s, side of the fenders are just reflectors on all. Can't remember about the trunk release but I thought I remember about that being changed as we'll with the newer RT,s

Bob Denman
07-23-2014, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the reply...
Now; we've got some "meat in the sandwich"...:thumbup:
Now; which model bike did you buy? Some of them do have LED lights in the front fenders, and a "frunklight" is standard on several RT models as well.
(But you're not missing much... it's pretty useless! :shocked:)

I don't know if "dis-interest" counts or not; perhaps you caught them on a bad day? :dontknow:
I will say that when my Miissus and I bought our 2010; she didn't care for the dealership, so we didn't buy the 2014 from them...
They are a HUGE dealership... she felt as if they were busy looking over our shoulders, to see who was next in line... :gaah:
But I'm glad to hear that you've found a suitable shop for the follow-up work! :2thumbs: