PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the Multifunction Gauge panel?

ggivens
07-21-2014, 04:18 PM
How do I remove the panel holding the multifunction gauge on my 2014 RT limited in order to replace the analog fuel level and temperature gauges with the Depo racing volt gauges? Do I just have to remove the four screws and just pull the panel out or is there more to removing this panel? I saw the completed work on one of Lamonster's videos, but he did not give the steps on how to swap out the gauges.

jtoro1
07-21-2014, 04:24 PM
How do I remove the panel holding the multifunction gauge on my 2014 RT limited in order to replace the analog fuel level and temperature gauges with the Depo racing volt gauges? Do I just have to remove the four screws and just pull the panel out or is there more to removing this panel? I saw the completed work on one of Lamonster's videos, but he did not give the steps on how to swap out the gauges.

Yes 4 tork screws, where did you order the temp gauge I did the volt gauge

bcoulter19
07-21-2014, 04:26 PM
There is a video out there but yes you just take the 4 screw's out and it will help if you turn your handlebars to give you more room on the side your doing to work on and pull it out. Then remove the gauge.

Chupaca
07-21-2014, 04:57 PM
:agree: what they said but place a shop towel or the likes to avoid loosing those screws...:lecturef_smilie:

ggivens
07-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys this was very helpful, I just wanted to make sure that was all I needed to do before ordering the gauges. I haven't ordered the gauges yet, but I do have a temp gauge that came with the bike, and I would like to replace it with a digital one. Since this will be the first time that I take the bike apart, I just wanted to make sure I knew what to watch out for.