PDA

View Full Version : Steering Problem

caser
07-21-2014, 02:49 PM
When making a turn, left or right, I have to horse it and then it seems to want to correct back to center. Techs computer says nothing wrong but I'm building muscle riding it. If it's not the power steering what else should I be looking at???? Any ideas.

Chupaca
07-21-2014, 03:12 PM
:agree: now if you had any work done on the front end (laser alignment etc) and the sensors have not been zeroed out this could be a cause. Tire pressure can make you fight the steering. It will be in that area. DPS needs checking....:thumbup:

caser
07-21-2014, 03:53 PM
When making a turn, left or right, I have to horse it and then it seems to want to correct back to center. Techs computer says nothing wrong but I'm building muscle riding it. If it's not the power steering what else should I be looking at???? Any ideas.

ot sure I know how to do this, but thanks foe the reply.

caser
07-21-2014, 03:56 PM
:agree: now if you had any work done on the front end (laser alignment etc) and the sensors have not been zeroed out this could be a cause. Tire pressure can make you fight the steering. It will be in that area. DPS needs checking....:thumbup:

No aliment. Put new tires on it thinking that could be it but still have same problem. Tire pressure is good.

bruiser
07-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Sounds more like a steering position sensor. Also, the DPS will go into cool down if it senses that it's overheating. DPS issues do not always throw a code.

jScotD
07-21-2014, 05:16 PM
How do you call up active codes?

caser
07-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Sounds more like a steering position sensor. Also, the DPS will go into cool down if it senses that it's overheating. DPS issues do not always throw a code.

Thanks. This gives me something to go on.