PDA

View Full Version : Finally Put Some Miles On

Tango
07-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Finally put some mileage on Wall E.... At least for us. Went to Ron Netzley for the Lazer Alignment, and Ron Bar install. That was 180 miles round trip at mostly 30-45 mph two lane roads. Empty bike except for me. MPG-WOW! 47mpg. That just blew me away. This past week put 800 miles on, mostly all interstate. We were loaded to the max, two up. Cruise set at 68mph, head winds, even rode a ways with the windshield all the way up. Mileage dropped to 34mpg. Wife commented after I raised the windshield all the way up. "What just happened"? "It is so much smoother and quieter". Coming home, same roads, same speed, windshield down, 37mpg. Had an awesome trip visiting a Transportation Museum in Plattsburg, N.Y.. And the Canadian National Railroad Musuem in Montreal, Canada. Also known as "Expo rail". So, I knew that higher speed meant lower mileage. But the difference with the windshield up really got my attention. Wall E ran great. Now up to 2400 miles. Met some really nice people. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Bob Denman
07-20-2014, 01:31 PM
I think that I might have crossed paths with y9u guys last Wednesday: early afternoon right around Ellenville... :D
Glad to hear that it's running like the Champ that it is! :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
07-20-2014, 02:49 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Tango
07-20-2014, 10:03 PM
I think that I might have crossed paths with y9u guys last Wednesday: early afternoon right around Ellenville... :D
Glad to hear that it's running like the Champ that it is! :2thumbs:

Bob I for got to mention that. That was us that passed in the opposite direction. You still interested in the Corbin? You can put it on and go for a ride. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Chupaca
07-20-2014, 10:14 PM
a great trip. Glad you both got out and enjoyed the great outdoors and those awesome museums...:2thumbs::clap:

Bob Denman
07-21-2014, 07:04 AM
:gaah: The Missus said that she needs armrests more... :gaah:

Tango
07-21-2014, 12:22 PM
:gaah: The Missus said that she needs armrests more... :gaah:

Would you believe that mine said the same thing this morning! Must be a woman thing........ :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack: Tom :trike:

Bob Denman
07-21-2014, 12:30 PM
She's standing behind you; right now... :shocked: