PDA

View Full Version : coolant overflow tank wall thickness and capacity

Tulefog
07-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Does anyone have a picture or information on how thick the coolant tank wall is?
I wonder because i would like to know its capacity and i would appreciate it if anyone knows.
I can't tell how much it holds between the lower mark and the hot level. I have a 2013 RTby the way.
Thanks a lot.

dndfindley
07-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Does anyone have a picture or information on how thick the coolant tank wall is?
I wonder because i would like to know its capacity and i would appreciate it if anyone knows.
I can't tell how much it holds between the lower mark and the hot level. I have a 2013 RTby the way.
Thanks a lot.

Just curious - why do you need to know this?

Tulefog
07-20-2014, 08:05 PM
No special reason, apparently some in the past cracked, i was wondering how thick these tanks are, and someone may have cut one up.

Chupaca
07-20-2014, 10:33 PM
your manual should have the capasity (don't have a manual handy) thickness is hard to say cap and outlet are thicker than the tank body. The levels you can measure by removing the fluid dow to the low level and how much that is. Curious minds want to know usually means they have to do the work...:roflblack::roflblack:

C3517C
07-21-2014, 05:18 AM
I just changed mine last month. While I didn't measure it or cut it up, I can tell you that it was pretty thick and tough. You could probably stand on it without collapsing it. The new one was $97 :shocked: And is easier to see your fluid than the one on my 2011 RTS.