PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Day To Ride!

Dan McNally
07-18-2014, 08:23 PM
I left West Virginia this morning, headed for Middletown, NY. The weather was perfect. I hopped off I-81 south of Harrisburg and rode on US Rt 11 for about 65 miles, then headed back to I-81. Near Scranton, I took I-84 to Middletown. The weather was perfect and I think the heat problems with my Spyder are over . . . it ran great!

Chupaca
07-18-2014, 08:26 PM
always nice to hear about a great ryde even if not your own. Glad you got out and enjoyed yourself..!! :2thumbs: ryde on...:ohyea::ohyea:

billrob71
07-18-2014, 08:31 PM
That's great.

Looking forward to Sunday ride is planned :thumbup:

spydaman60
07-18-2014, 08:31 PM
I left West Virginia this morning, headed for Middletown, NY. The weather was perfect. I hopped off I-81 south of Harrisburg and rode on US Rt 11 for about 65 miles, then headed back to I-81. Near Scranton, I took I-84 to Middletown. The weather was perfect and I think the heat problems with my Spyder are over . . . it ran great!
what are you doing in middletown my friend? We could have had a welcoming party if we knew you were headed our way!:thumbup:

Dan McNally
07-19-2014, 08:59 AM
what are you doing in middletown my friend? We could have had a welcoming party if we knew you were headed our way!:thumbup:

I came for a picnic at http://www.ourladyofmtcarmelshrine.com/ . . . it used to be a Carmelite Seminary and I was a student there, for a couple years. They have an annual picnic for alumni.

Things have really changed since the last time I was in Middletown! St. Albert's used to be out in the country . . . surrounded by homes, now!

Dan McNally
07-20-2014, 06:08 PM
I left Middletown, NY around 9AM. I had been warned that there was a lot of construction on I-84, heading back toward Scranton, so I took Rt 6. About 30 miles from Scranton, I ran into a group on 2 wheels while getting gas, and they told me I was past most of the construction. I got back on I-84, took it to I-81 south, and cruised to just north of Hagerstown, where I got off I-81, again, and took the back roads, home. Got home just after 4PM, 316 miles . . . The only heat related issue is when my right foot is on the highway pegs and the radiator fan comes on . . . other than that, my Spyder runs great. I think that all the tweaks they have done have resolved the heat issues with my 2013! It was another beautiful day to ride!

Bob Denman
07-20-2014, 06:30 PM
For Next year; please let us know that you're coming... :2thumbs:
(I'm only about 50 minutes North and West of Middletown; I was "hatched" at Horton... :thumbup:)

ARtraveler
07-20-2014, 07:32 PM
We got in 75 miles of sun and fun this PM. Did 100 + yesterday. Mostly cloudy though.

All rydes are good--we don't let weather interfere to much. :yes:

Dan McNally
07-20-2014, 08:36 PM
For Next year; please let us know that you're coming... :2thumbs:
(I'm only about 50 minutes North and West of Middletown; I was "hatched" at Horton... :thumbup:)

I'll do that, Bob! :thumbup:

Dan McNally
07-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Just a bit of my ryde on Saturday, going through Pennsylvania . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=484sqYrjSO8&feature=youtu.be