PDA

View Full Version : How many of these can you predict in advance?

Dan_Ashley
07-17-2014, 10:59 PM
How many can you predict in advance? What would you do to avert the ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YN3elMWBlCI

Chupaca
07-17-2014, 11:18 PM
you can see them all coming from our angle..many avoidable some just plain stupid but glad we just saw impacts. No idea how many made it other than the ones getting up and walking. Scary..!! :yikes:

Flamewinger
07-17-2014, 11:20 PM
There were a couple of hits that were unpredictable but most were biker error. Passing when they shouldn't. Going to fast. Running lights. Etc. Not to mention a lot were in Russia and from what I've seen of their videos, they can't drive with any brains anyways.

Dan_Ashley
07-17-2014, 11:27 PM
I learn a lot by studying other people's failures.

Chupaca
07-17-2014, 11:33 PM
you can't help stupid..that one where the small white car comes into an intersection facing us and...bam..gets clobbered and about 3 sec's later a second bike hits him..what are they playing..?? follow the leader...:dontknow: Agreed...you don't want to ride bikes in Russia...:lecturef_smilie:

Benggolf
07-18-2014, 12:30 AM
Excessive speed, no foresight and plain stupidity.
Admittedly there are a few caused by other vehicles whose drivers were clearly at fault....but....

ValCruzSpyder
07-18-2014, 05:51 AM
We have all seen these types of videos around the web. Some of us even marvel at the specticals in foreign countries driving like lunitics. But you have to agree that accidents know no specific geography. Here of late, my particular area (Virginia Beach, VA) has seen an up tick in motorcycle accidents and fatalities. What WE do to protect ourselves on the road is dictated by the OTHER drivers/riders on the road. ATGATT is a good start, but it goes beyond that. Always keep your head on a swivel. Enjoy the ride, but be prepared for the unexpected. We may not be Russia...but accidents happen everywhere.

Bob Denman
07-18-2014, 06:56 AM
:agree: Situational awareness, and common sense could probably have stopped 75% of thise examples before they started... :banghead:

Dan_Ashley
07-18-2014, 12:31 PM
I agree. What I like about reviewing stuff like this periodically is that it keeps me sharp. A complacent motorcyclist is one who gets hurt IMHO.

flaggerphil
07-18-2014, 03:51 PM
The vast majority of those were biker error/stupidity, including a lot of where the cagers were actually at fault: going too fast, passing on the wrong side, etc. I was surprised at how few brake lights I saw on bikes before collisions, even when they had plenty of time to get on the brakes.

ARtraveler
07-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Goes to show that bad things can happen anytime, anywhere. Be Careful. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-18-2014, 06:36 PM
The vast majority of those were biker error/stupidity, including a lot of where the cagers were actually at fault: going too fast, passing on the wrong side, etc. I was surprised at how few brake lights I saw on bikes before collisions, even when they had plenty of time to get on the brakes.
They weren't on the brakes yet, because they were trying to figure out what was going on... and how they'd have to explain it to their Moms! :shocked: :yikes: