PDA

View Full Version : Kerrville, TX Meet and Greet Oct. 31

Mr. White
07-16-2014, 09:15 PM
I was asked by Randall Johnston to invite you to a Meet and Greet in Kerrville, TX Oct.31. Here is his post. :spyder2: (Updated Aug. 13, 2014)

November 1st 2014 TRIKE
Meet & Greet, Kerrville

Just to keep in touch and maybe make some more new friends, a couple of us that attended the Trike Talk / Trike Owners International Reunion in Eureka Springs this year were talking about meeting in Kerrville. Anyone interested in joining in on that idea? Enough riders already have said they were interested so we are running with it. The M & G will be the first Saturday, Nov 1 but several of us are going to get there earlier...

The general format is to get to Kerrville on Friday and into whatever accommodations you choose. We'll ride some that afternoon / evening. Then on Saturday we meet, eat, ride, laugh, and lie all day. Sunday we go home and lick our wounds....

This is not a rally. It is a trike meet & greet, open to all trikers. We have no vendors or sales booths. No money is required....it is a loose group. We meet, ride, lie, and eat. Each person is responsible for their own expenses and safety. This is not a sponsored event. For those interested, we will use CB Channel 14.

As far as places to stay you probably know as much or more than I do. Nov. 1 is opening day for deer hunting so that may reduce the room availability. If you plan to attend, I suggest making reservations soon. You can always cancel them if you can not make the M & G.

Schedule of events: Not really...*however* I plan to arrive at the Quality Inn & Suites by noon on Friday preceding the M & G. No doubt some riding will take place that afternoon and evening then grab a bite to eat somewhere. Saturday morning some of us plan to eat breakfast in the Cracker Barrel Restaurant (meeting time 7:00) Cracker Barrel is on the west side of Hwy 16 just off IH10. Our *Three Sisters*ride will depart at 9:00 a.m. from the Lowe*s Home Improvement parking lot just west of the Cracker Barrel Restaurant. I'd suggest you plan on being there by 8:30.

The ride will take us out Texas Hwy 39, down RR 187 to the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum for a *stop and drool* period (they have some new steel on the showroom floor). From there we will go to Vanderpool and turn onto the first of the *Three Sisters* (FM 337) taking that over to Leakey, a gas stop and then get to The Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop to rest and get a snack. Leaving there we will continue west on FM 337 then up Texas Hwy 55 to FM 335 (my favorite). At the north end of this beauty we turn back east on Texas Hwy 41 headed to the last *Sister* (FM 336) then back into Leakey for more gas. From there you can choose different return routes. We will easily return to Kerrville leaving plenty of time to clean up some and get close to a 6:30 pm feed bag at Buzzie's Bar-B-Q.

Sign up please. No obligation. So I can keep you updated on things and give numbers to the people supporting us: Please email me your real name, email address, and phone #.Randall Johnstonadminstaff@triketalk.com, (334)648-0157