PDA

View Full Version : Bastrop State Road 1 C

jhutch713
07-15-2014, 03:40 AM
Any input on Road between Bastrop and Buesher State park for spyder riders.

On the sunday breakfast rub couple sunday ago , brougt back a memory of Bastrop State Park as a kid .
Did not ride it back then we walked it 12 miles from park to park .

Jim

Chupaca
07-15-2014, 09:33 AM
But it will be a lot quicker on a spyder...:roflblack: Sounds like an interesting jaunt if the roads are paved and the weather is good...:thumbup:

oldguyinTX
07-15-2014, 02:33 PM
I rode this in the mid 70's on my Honda 750 Super Sport when I lived in Austin. It is now P1 (Park Road 1). I remember it as being pretty fun on a 2 wheeler, sure it would be just as much - if not more - fun on a :ani29:. If you do ride it, I'd like to get your input as to how the :ani29: performs. Also, tons of great rides in the Hill Country West of Austin. Have Fun!!

ElgynSpyder
07-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Hubby and I took that road last year, just to see where it went. It was an easy paved small two lane road. Has a few good twisties but we were ryding just to see the sights so no real speed was involved. Take some water with you the sun was beating down pretty good since the fire the trees have not come back.

Header should have read *winding*

revjvegas
07-15-2014, 11:12 PM
If you took that road in the past when it had all the trees and was beautiful, you're jaw will drop when you see the devastation of what the fire did.
We went through it not too long ago, and it is still just unbelievable.

PS: We did it on the Spyder with the trailer.

Web Runner
07-15-2014, 11:51 PM
I have taken the Spyder twice on this road and it is scenic, but follow the posted speed limit. It is enforced. RevJVegas is right about the devastation. I think you will like it overall, though. The last ride through there I saw a group of wild turkeys walking across the road, so watch out for critters.

jhutch713
07-25-2014, 03:42 AM
I rode the Park Road 1 C , Wed evening 6 pm ish .
It was a nice quite ride. Still alot of devastion in the trees, seem worst on the Bastrop side of park .
Saw a few critter, ratcoons . ONLY saw 2 cars , i was parked at look out point so did not pass them. But did pass one 2 wheeler .
Nice few spots on twissties and hills . Nothing earth shattering , should have rode it in he dark .....
Jim