PDA

View Full Version : GA Spyder Riders is YOUR group

Hawk
07-14-2014, 01:21 PM
GA Spyder Riders is YOUR group. There are no official leader, planners, or any fees. It is a group of people that try to get together whenever possible. It seems to have fallen to me to plan events. I work a full time job plus have other responsibilities that take time away from this. It has always been open to ANY suggestion. I host the website out of my own money for our "main" page and Lamont allows us to use this section as our forum. If you want to go on a ride, feel free to plan a ride. You want to have a meet up, plan one. No one here is going to get mad if anything is planned without us. As a matter of fact, if you let me know (PM me) something is going on, I will update the website as soon as I can to reflect it. We also have a Facebook page I can post it to or you can post it. I have been hearing rumblings about nothing going on, about how loose the group is, or whatever. If someone wants to take the reigns to organize it better and has the time to do it, then feel free to do so. Its so hot right now, I am not sure if anyone wants to do anything or not. I am still trying to plan something in Sept/Oct in Cordele. If you want to be more involved, please chime in. I would like to see some chapters started. Maybe a North, Middle, South. Each chapter could have Monthly meet ups for Lunch/Supper and possibly a ride. But this takes planning. This is a group and we need a group effort.

Pennyrick
07-14-2014, 01:57 PM
GA Spyder Riders is YOUR group. There are no official leader, planners, or any fees. It is a group of people that try to get together whenever possible. It seems to have fallen to me to plan events. I work a full time job plus have other responsibilities that take time away from this. It has always been open to ANY suggestion. I host the website out of my own money for our "main" page and Lamont allows us to use this section as our forum. If you want to go on a ride, feel free to plan a ride. You want to have a meet up, plan one. No one here is going to get mad if anything is planned without us. As a matter of fact, if you let me know (PM me) something is going on, I will update the website as soon as I can to reflect it. We also have a Facebook page I can post it to or you can post it. I have been hearing rumblings about nothing going on, about how loose the group is, or whatever. If someone wants to take the reigns to organize it better and has the time to do it, then feel free to do so. Its so hot right now, I am not sure if anyone wants to do anything or not. I am still trying to plan something in Sept/Oct in Cordele. If you want to be more involved, please chime in. I would like to see some chapters started. Maybe a North, Middle, South. Each chapter could have Monthly meet ups for Lunch/Supper and possibly a ride. But this takes planning. This is a group and we need a group effort.

Mike:

As you know we are not fond of group rides. We never liked them when we were GWRRA members and like them even less on Spyders. We do like the get acquainted lunches such as we recently had with the SC and NC folks in Seneca, SC. A member from those states suggested we meet next at a place in Athens, Ga but I can't seem to find the posting now.

I bookmarked the Georgia Spyder Riders web address but now when I try to access it my browser says it can't find it. Did you change the address?

We're all for casual get togethers but the formal organizations with officers, rules, patches and that kind of stuff is not our cup of tea. I had my fill of that stuff with GWRRA.

Cavman
07-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Hawk, I PMed you.

Hawk
07-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Mike:

As you know we are not fond of group rides. We never liked them when we were GRRA members and like them even less on Spyders. We do like the get acquainted lunches such as we recently had with the SC and NC folks in Seneca, SC. A member from those states suggested we meet next at a place in Athens, Ga but I can't seem to find the posting now.

I bookmarked the Georgia Spyder Riders web address but now when I try to access it my browser says it can't find it. Did you change the address?

We're all for casual get togethers but the formal organizations with officers, rules, patches and that kind of stuff is not our cup of tea. I had my fill of that stuff with GRRA.

www.GASpyderRiders.com

I had GeorgiaSpyderRiders.com as well, but let it go as it seemed redundant, plus costs.

Shortstop
07-15-2014, 01:42 PM

Hawk,
I agree with you and the other two. I live in Milledgeville (all most the center of the state) and I would like to do anything to help. I noticed there are at least 3 spyder groups in Ga. Mid Spyder group and Freedom Spyder group and of course Ga. Spyder Group. One thing that is confusing to me is how this web site works. Maybe we could meet (those interested) in organizing without all of those rules and dues. I can meet here in Milledgeville noon Aug 9. Lets see how many would like to meet.
Shortstop

MarkLawson
07-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the reminder Mike. I recently replaced the rear wheel bearings & brake rotor and pads on my RT, but think I over torqued one of the bearings. Had wrist surgery last Thursday, so will be awhile before I tear that rear end down again. Looking forward to meeting up with all of you soon...

jeromeb
07-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Caveman lives near an excellent site for a group meet, eat and ride Over the years I have been to DeSota falls State Park for different meets and rides numerous times. The rooms at the lodge are nice with good food and large deck available for get togathers. Cabins and camp grounds are available. Little River Canyon and Cloudland Canyon offer scenic routes. Fort Payne is also near by with entertainment on given days. My Columbus riding friends of around 20 years, schedule a trips to this area each fall for the leaf colors. Three of my riding friends and myself, ride spyders and all four traded our initial spyders for 2014 rt l s. I intend to leave for the west and Alaska on the 29th of July,
a Goldwing buddy is going with me.
jerry

rays hell
07-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Be sure and bring back pics. and post them. I'm envious :bowdown: Safe travels my spyder friend