PDA

View Full Version : Hammer down on the Chuckanut

bluestratos
07-14-2014, 09:49 AM
We went for a great ride on our RT's to Friday Harbor on Saturday. Coming back we decided to take the infamous "Chuckanut" traffic was light so we whipped through until I caught up with a sport bike following a car. The car pulled over to let us by and naturally the sport bike hammered down. For fun I did the same, using the 6 gears, breaks and throttle I had no problem keeping up. He decide to try to shake me but I heard the down shift so I was ready and dropped two gears. Now mind you, these are sharp corners so he was dragging his pegs but he seemed to know what he was doing. I have the Baha Ron bar so I had no problems keeping up and for those of you familiar with this west coast dragon's tail that runs along the coast, you can appreciate that 90 would be unheard of. The 1310 hit 91 as he pulled off the road and let me by. My riding buddy also did a great job of keeping up with his 2011 RT

oldguyinTX
07-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Ride on dude!!

Bob Denman
07-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Glad to hear that you had a good time, and everything ended without any reportable incident happening... :shocked:

murphybrown
07-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Just so you aren't thinking this was a once thing with Randy...wanted to let you know that is normal driving for him!!!!! :clap::thumbup::roflblack::roflblack: (Must have been Don staying up with you!!!)

PrairieSpyder
07-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Sounds like it was fun. But I wouldn't want to do it too often. With my luck, I'd get stopped by a cop and the sport bike rider would just ride on.

Chupaca
07-14-2014, 12:00 PM
ryde like the wind..if passed get ahead of the wind...!! :roflblack: be safe..!!

bluestratos
07-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Lol... yup, Don was hot on my tail! lol.

Just so you aren't thinking this was a once thing with Randy...wanted to let you know that is normal driving for him!!!!! :clap::thumbup::roflblack::roflblack: (Must have been Don staying up with you!!!)

Myoutdoors
07-16-2014, 10:43 AM
What size was the bike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bluestratos
07-16-2014, 04:51 PM
I never seen it from the side long enough to say for sure, it looked like a Honda CBR 600but not certain. I will see if Don got a good look or not.

Benggolf
07-18-2014, 02:52 AM
Sounds like you guys had a great invigorating ride! Doing 90 down the Chuckanut Drive is impressive. :thumbup:
Be safe!

bluestratos
07-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Not all the way, lol....but hat no time to look down to see what speeds were taking the corners at. I will say this, first time I heard my tire squeal around corners! lol.

jerpinoy
07-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Chukanut road is always fun to drive. have fun and ride safe.