PDA

View Full Version : Caution on J&M series 465 bluetooth headsets

dbaucum
07-13-2014, 03:07 PM
We ordered helmets with series 465 headsets installed from J&M. We ride a 2014 RT. We tried them on a trip from Texas to Colorado and found we could only understand each other about 20 percent of the time. They worked fine if we were at least four feet apart but had terrible echoes and distortion when on the RT. We called J&M on the trip and did everything they suggested but nothing helped. We returned the units, and J&M said they checked out fine but would send new units. The new units had the exact same problems. I asked to return the units for credit and just keep the helmets, but was told it was past the time allowed for return. Now I will have to pay for new units from another manufacturer.

wyliec
07-13-2014, 03:25 PM
We ordered helmets with series 465 headsets installed from J&M. We ride a 2014 RT. We tried them on a trip from Texas to Colorado and found we could only understand each other about 20 percent of the time. They worked fine if we were at least four feet apart but had terrible echoes and distortion when on the RT. We called J&M on the trip and did everything they suggested but nothing helped. We returned the units, and J&M said they checked out fine but would send new units. The new units had the exact same problems. I asked to return the units for credit and just keep the helmets, but was told it was past the time allowed for return. Now I will have to pay for new units from another manufacturer.

That there is very poor customer service.

Highwayman2013
07-13-2014, 03:36 PM
We have the SENA units and they work fine. See Motorcycledave a site sponsor.

RyderJCF
07-13-2014, 03:44 PM
:2thumbs: Sorry to hear about your troubles - always frustrating when things don't work as advertised. I agree totally with highwayman - Sena's are the way to go! We had cardo q2's as our first set and they were "ok" - dropped comm periodically, couldn't hear above 45mph. Went with the Sena SMH10's and they are AWESOME. Just spent a solid week riding all over north GA/southern NC with them and they worked flawlessly! :thumbup::clap:

Chupaca
07-13-2014, 04:02 PM
:wrong: they knew that you were having problems and sent new units that also did not work. Sorry way to treat customers considering they are a big name in this type of equipment...:banghead:

Motorcycledave
07-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Hi Dave here,
The SMH10D-11 will work for you
just fine $269.95 for the dual pack
give me a call anytime

finless
07-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Yep don't screw around. Go Sena gear you won't be sorry.

Bob