PDA

View Full Version : Today's Ryde--what about your Ryde?

Dan_Ashley
07-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Today I left my home in Redlands, Calif. And took a Ryde in the local mountains. Beautiful weather! Mid 70s to low 80s. Flowers blooming. Trees. Little animals. I coul see the entire San Bernardino valley--it was clear and AWESOME! I rode around Lake Gregory, and stopped for a coffee. I then rode over to Lake Arrowhead and stopped for French fries. I rode around the lake, and stopped to watch the sail boats lazing through the water.

Back on the Spyder, I rode over to Big Bear, and rode around Big Bear lake. Twice. I stopped for gas, and a soda. Beautiful day at the lake. So, I ate lunch at an outside restaurant, under the tall shade trees.

After lunch I rode over to Jenks lake. You can't Ryde around Jenks lake, so I just viewed it from an overlook.

Back on my Spyder, I rode downhill through Forrest Falls and back to home! 173 miles overall.

So, where did you Ryde today??

Dan McNally
07-12-2014, 06:53 PM
I was scheduled to take a day long ride with a bunch of other Spyders . . . but Mrs. Hayfield made other plans for me . . . and you know that old saying: "If mama ain't happy, no one is!" That said, she is a great woman and I'm lucky to be married to her! It was her idea that I buy the Spyder!

SPYD3R
07-12-2014, 07:06 PM
YUP, today was a memorable ride for me as well......
rode along the Blue Ridge Parkway for about 20 miles... headed back home, south down Rt. 215 in NC, and ran into a Yellow Jacket with an ATTITUDE the size of Montana.... she stung me twice in the neck before falling into my T-shirt.... :gaah:
then the little :cus: bugger got me twice more by the navel and 5 more times on the left side @ the belt line.... :lecturef_smilie:
i managed to STOP, and i finally felt her in my T, and squished her back to Heaven.....
i guess this is just one of the pleasures of riding huh..... :thumbup: :roflblack:
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

ruthie
07-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Rode a few back roads here in Mississippi. Great ride with 7 of my Gold Wing friends

Jeriatric
07-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Left Hollister, Ca 6AM. Now setting in Idyllwild. Waiting for the skillet to cool before dropping off the other side of the mountain. Total mileage. Over 600 for the day. Great day.....better ride!

:doorag:

Chupaca
07-12-2014, 07:31 PM
today...rode out old 94 to otay lakes over to Chula vista on down to National City. Helped out at the Ryde for Kids. Nice group had three hours to find local landmarks and photograph themselves there according to clues. Live band and BBQ followed. Then rode back stopping to watch the skydivers by the lakes and then on home...:ohyea:

new adventure
07-12-2014, 07:35 PM
On the Canadian side of the border we participated in the Law Enforcement Torch Ride with all funds raised going to the Special Olympics. We were the only spyder out of 180 bikes that rode. We travelled 450 kms. (270 miles) in 90 + degree weather. It was a great opportunity to try out the new Ultimate Seat that we installed last night on our 2012 RT. Sure made things more comfortable for us.

Bob Denman
07-12-2014, 08:38 PM
A short day for riding...

... But a GREAT day for visiting! :D
Rode over to rnet's, and visited with him & Tango during a laser alignment and SwayBar installation...
only 80 miles; but still LOTS of smiles! :D

garb55
07-12-2014, 09:35 PM
I got on my :spyder2: and rode to the other side of my little town [about 3 blocks]:2thumbs:
Stopped for a hamburger, fries and a beer:yes:
Then rode my :spyder2: all the way home.:roflblack:
PS did not have to fill up tank

bruiser
07-13-2014, 01:13 PM
No riding. The wife's family is here for a few days. :(

Dan_Ashley
07-13-2014, 02:38 PM
No riding. The wife's family is here for a few days. :(
Perfect excuse for an "emergency" 50 mile Ryde to....um...get gasoline.

ARtraveler
07-13-2014, 03:29 PM
We did about 150 miles yesterday. Did some scenic twisties, Old Glenn Highway, headed out to Palmer and did Fishook Rd. on the way to Hatcher Pass, took Wasilla Fishook Rd. (the back door way into Wasilla, more twisties and farms, headed up the Parks Highway to Willow and returned.

Heading out today for another 100 or so--don't know where yet.

jimcrom
07-13-2014, 04:23 PM
American Legion had a poker run and on the return to Prunedale saw two spyders on the south bound Hwy 101. We waved to each other and in the raffle I won a Harley mug/thermometer and a NASCAR hat/glasses (88). Didn't win the 50/50.

Today I left my home in Redlands, Calif.

Back on my Spyder, I rode downhill through Forrest Falls and back to home! 173 miles overall.

So, where did you Ryde today??

900Dave
07-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Yesterday we rode in the NY Fingerlake region. started out on 96 north to 414 south and down the east side of Seneca Lake.Through Watkins Glenn and up the west side of Seneca Lake on Rt 14 north. We had a really good lunch outside overlooking the lake at Vonnie's Boat House Bar & Grill. Then headed north to Geneva NY and headed south on 14A. Then west on 364 headed toward Canandaigua Lake. We got turned around here and and ended up south of the lake in Naples. Headed south on 53 then to 32 over to Keuka Lake and went south down the west side of the lake on 54A. Headed back east through Watkins Glenn again and back to the campground. 220 miles, and my Spydee loves Ny gas 36 MPG's on the 998 today. stopped at 172 miles to fill up with 2 bars left on the gauge. :clap:

Today 220 miles home in the truck towing the toyhauler 9.1 MPG burning overpriced diesel.:banghead:

ARtraveler
07-13-2014, 07:43 PM
UPDATE: We drove out to Chickaloon (they make Chicklets there--:joke::joke:). A great drive through some hills, lots of really big mountains and views of the Matanuska River. Did about 110 miles round trip. Sunny until the last 10 miles along the mountains. Started pouring pretty good. Made it to the barn without getting soaked though.

A little over 300 miles of rydeing this weekend. :yes: