PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new Helibars !

Sopher
09-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Harry Eddy of Heli Modified has given me the OK to post and reveal the new HeliBars Roadster Comfort risers for Can Am Spyder.:2thumbs::clap::clap::clap:

The final product is now installed. Basically its four items;
A dummy bar in the old handlebar spot
The HeliBar Roadster Comfort riser
The HeliBar ignition cover
Accessory adapter for the old ignition hole; with Ram mount and power plug

BTW, The ignition cover is a great security addition since it bolts over the ignition and pull cables for the trunk and seat. Original plastic cover did not seem so secure. I think the iginition cover is in it final form, but additional tweeks are possible.

Profile view: Dummy rod is hidden from view by the cluthc cables: Notice the 5" pull back! Anodized flat black; solid and smooth! My plastic back cover is removed to show the profile.
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/sopher32/DSCN2639.jpg

Sorry slightly blurry image of the Ignition cover. Powder coated glossy black adn smooth as glass, soft edges; simply gorgeous!
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/sopher32/DSCN2640.jpg

New accessory for the old iginition hole; RAM mount ball and a 12v power outlet. Powder coated to match the color of the stock center console.
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/sopher32/DSCN2641.jpg

My Spyder with the whole product.
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/sopher32/DSCN2638.jpg

I've been riding with the product for a few weeks now. unlike a previous photo, I DO sit straight up, with my arms at a comfortable stance and I sit at the back of the stock seat whereas I used to sit at the front of the stock seat with the original handlebar setup. Like any riser, the addition of other new products greatly enhance the whole experience. I added Kuryakyn ISO grips, and a 23" windshield.

I should also state that I do not work for Heli Modified. Their website www.helibars.com (http://www.helibars.com) is the place to get officela product news and ordering info. Prices have not been announced.

I do believe that Mike Corbin will have a set on display at the Gatlinberg TN Spyder Rally.

Finished with cover:
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/sopher32/DSCN2669.jpg

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/sopher32/DSCN2671.jpg

gjco
09-22-2008, 10:04 PM
I was wondering if you could take one more pic from the side with everything in place. Just like the last pic you posted but from the side and back alittle and maybe one of someone sitting on it. I looks really good. I like the plug and ram mount idea.almost sold. Thanks:2thumbs:

effgjamis
09-22-2008, 10:44 PM
the pull back of 5", now what is the Rise????
What about the cable length? work with Stock or ????

Thanks

Sopher
09-23-2008, 07:35 AM
I'llhave to measure the rise. And yes the cables are stock.

boogllasti
09-23-2008, 09:14 AM
I think photos from a distance of 5-6 feet would be nice to see.

It looks okay, was expecting more from the key cover - still looks a bit lost all by itself.

I guess I don't get why they went BACK so far instead of UP ?

My understanding is you get like 1 or 2" rise and 4.5" back?

They really need to go adjustable on these.

Really like the GPS mount.

Do you have full specs and pricing?

tatt2r
09-23-2008, 09:29 AM
still looks over done .... doesn't make sense to me ... again i've said before i like the factory position but simple works and this seems to be a bit over done and i think a company like helibar could come up with a simpler product for this modification ,,,,
does anyone else see what i'm seeing ????

FANG
09-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Not imppressed at all. Changes the clean look of the :spyder:too much for me. But each to his/her own. That what makes an interesting world. :clap:

boogllasti
09-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Well, it doesn't look any worse than the other 2 options, but I'm not sure it looks any better either. For me, the kewlmetal kit is NOT an option - no way am I giving up my stock center console.

The nomagic ones would be okay - really wish they were black !

Latemarch
09-23-2008, 11:20 AM

They're aluminum aren't they? Anodize it.;) I think I'll go for hot pink:yikes:

sleepman
09-23-2008, 11:44 AM
still looks over done .... doesn't make sense to me ... again i've said before i like the factory position but simple works and this seems to be a bit over done and i think a company like helibar could come up with a simpler product for this modification ,,,,
does anyone else see what i'm seeing ????

I'm with you on this one. I'm fine with the stock position. The Helibars just seem to open up too much there at the steering neck. Too much exposed cable, takes away from making it look professional. If I was going to do anything I'd go with No Magic's risers.

Sopher
09-23-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm with you on this one. I'm fine with the stock position. The Helibars just seem to open up too much there at the steering neck. Too much exposed cable, takes away from making it look professional. If I was going to do anything I'd go with No Magic's risers.

Also note that I did not yet install the black plastic cowling behind the center console. It will hide most of the steering neck.

tatt2r
09-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Also note that I did not yet install the black plastic cowling behind the center console. It will hide most of the steering neck.

still over done ....just my opinion

gjco
09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
can we PLEASE see pics from the side of it all put togeather

Magic Man
09-23-2008, 08:53 PM

We can send these out for Powder Coat in black for $35 a set.

MM

boogllasti
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
We can send these out for Powder Coat in black for $35 a set.

MM

I'll have to take another look at those then!

2 questions:

Do you have those GPS mount thingys out yet?

Will they work okay with a throttlemeister?

Magic Man
09-24-2008, 07:34 AM
The Ram Mount ball mounts will be ready soon.

The Black riser will be a special order item and take 2 weeks from time of order to make.

Yes our system works with the throttlemeister.

MM

Sopher
09-24-2008, 01:42 PM
can we PLEASE see pics from the side of it all put togeather

Two more photos added. I dont have a big side picture yet. This was indoors.

Calif-spyder
09-24-2008, 02:40 PM
actually it doesn't look to bad, I will wait for more and better photo's
Mark

boogllasti
09-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Two more photos added. I dont have a big side picture yet. This was indoors.

Thanks!

Okay - since we've only been talking about the LOOKS - how about we discuss the FUNCTION?

How is this to ride?

Maybe a photo of yourself sitting on it would help? Along with YOUR specs (how tall are you?).

It's looking better to me now with those new photos.

Where are you located?

Sopher
09-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks!

Okay - since we've only been talking about the LOOKS - how about we discuss the FUNCTION?

How is this to ride?

Maybe a photo of yourself sitting on it would help? Along with YOUR specs (how tall are you?).

It's looking better to me now with those new photos.

Where are you located?

-----------
I don't have a picture of me on it yet. I'll have to ask the wifey.
I'm a very tall 5'6" with a 30" inseem. I sit up straight against the middle hump on the stock seat. My arms are at a compfortable length and height. I used to sit far forward with just the BRP1" riser.

The feel of the bars is extremely sturdy. Like any riser, it does increase the sensitivity of the steering (IMHO) due to higher leverage. I have not used the RAMmount yet, but will.
I'm located just north of Boston.

seaspyder
10-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Did you take out the BRP 1" riser when you installed the HeliBar? Or does this setup work with it in place? Still waiting on a pic of you sitting on the :spyder: using this mod... :pray:

Sopher
10-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Did you take out the BRP 1" riser when you installed the HeliBar? Or does this setup work with it in place? Still waiting on a pic of you sitting on the :spyder: using this mod... :pray:

I kept my BRP 1" riser istalled. But it will also fit fine without it.

I have'nt been able to get a picture yet... Schedules of my self and my wife hardly permit after work but still in daylight.

I will...

draboo
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Does Helibars offer these units yet? If so, is there a price available?

dbnc
10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Does Helibars offer these units yet? If so, is there a price available?

The specifications for the Roadster™ riser are: 1" up and 4.5" rearward
over the stock handlebars.
Good News! This maintains your center console and can be used with the
Corbin fairing.
Additionally, it can be used with the BRP 1" riser to give you a 2" rise
and a 5" pull back. However, with this additional riser it will not work
with the Corbin fairing.
Retail price for the riser kit is $369.00. Optional accessories are also
available.
The Power Adapter assembly which includes a Powerlet outlet and a 1" Ram
Mount ball is $59.60.
A Right angle plug for $10.95 or if you have the Zumo 450/500 plug with
12" lead is $35.95.
Product will begin shipping at the end of October. Please call (800)
859-4642 to place your order.

effgjamis
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
-----------
I'm a very tall 5'6" with a 30" inseem. I sit up straight against the middle hump on the stock seat. My arms are at a compfortable length and height..

I am very short.... 6' 2" with a 34 inseam.

Need the rise Plus the pull back as I don't think a 1" or 2" rise will be good for me..

Sopher
10-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I am very short.... 6' 2" with a 34 inseam.

Need the rise Plus the pull back as I don't think a 1" or 2" rise will be good for me..

When my Spyder was at Heli Modified for the fit and finish work, one of the employees who IS 6'2" sat behind the new HeliBars and he too was able to sit straight.

In fact I noticed that with the stock seat, I could even sit with my more back relaxed. Another way to describe it is this: If sitting perfectly straight is 90 degrees, I was able to have about 95+degrees of posture. It all depends on how you rest your arms and shoulders.