PDA

View Full Version : Keys...

Bob Denman
07-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Okay; I found this KeyBlank on EBay... 91378Supposedly it has a spot in it for a chip... I'd even be happy to use it as a dummy for unlocking stuff when I lock the keys in the bike ny mistake. :D
Has anybody tried one yet?
($5.99 plus shipping...)

billybovine
07-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Have you got a link to the ebay ad. I did several searches and have come up with it.

Chupaca
07-11-2014, 05:48 PM
the kwick key shop here has blanks with and without chips but that is a convertible model and at a great price. Then when they find the way to dupe the 2014 keys you just add the chip....smart..!! :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
07-11-2014, 06:59 PM
The seller was "Motomart..." (Forgot the numbers... :opps:)
I took a peek at his "Store", and now nothing is being listed.
When I get it; I'll put his information in here for you! :thumbup:

ulflyer
07-12-2014, 07:04 AM
If you held an OEM key next to a non-chip key cut for the ignition, would it work?

Reason I ask, I just had a new ignition installed and I kept one of the "old" keys. While this key will no longer work in the new ignition, I assume the chip in it would?

If so, it could be paired with a non-chip to be used as an extra key.

billybovine
07-12-2014, 09:15 AM
If you held an OEM key next to a non-chip key cut for the ignition, would it work?

Reason I ask, I just had a new ignition installed and I kept one of the "old" keys. While this key will no longer work in the new ignition, I assume the chip in it would?

If so, it could be paired with a non-chip to be used as an extra key.

Holding a programmed chipped key beside the non chipped key will work.
One of your old keys would have been needed to get the DESS to accept new keys to program. It may still work if the tech did not repeat the program a second time. The spare key you had at home will no longer work. It was not present during the programming of the new keys and is automatically deleted from the DESS.
You should be able to buy a key blank with an empty slot for a chip. Cut the chip out of the old key and insert in new key.

Bob Denman
07-12-2014, 05:31 PM
:agree: Yup! :thumbup:
As long as it's not a 2014... :gaah:

billybovine
07-12-2014, 08:03 PM
:agree: Yup! :thumbup:
As long as it's not a 2014... :gaah:

I think what I said should apply to a 2014 as well. I never mentioned anything that changed for 2014. 2014 has a different chip and uses Buds instead of a Master Key, but the end result should be the same.

Bob Denman
07-12-2014, 08:21 PM
I HOPE that you're right... :D :thumbup:

3rdwheel
07-13-2014, 06:37 AM
Okay; I found this KeyBlank on EBay... 91378Supposedly it has a spot in it for a chip... I'd even be happy to use it as a dummy for unlocking stuff when I lock the keys in the bike ny mistake. :D
Has anybody tried one yet?
($5.99 plus shipping...)

I poked around EBay and couldn't find that key blank. Please post the address for the blank. The dealer wants 48.00 for the blank plus a charge for cutting. At this time I'm only interested in the blank to hide on the bike to get into the trunk.

Thank you for your help

Bob Denman
07-13-2014, 06:39 AM
I'm still waitng for delivery... As soon as I get it; I'll post whatever information I can get from the packaging. :thumbup:
Motomart11 was the seller...

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-14-2014, 09:24 PM
At this time I'm only interested in the blank to hide on the bike to get into the trunk.
What year is your Spyder, 2013 or older? Is the groove configuration the same for 2014? In any case, I have several Ilco X270 blanks available. These can be cut for 2013 and earlier, maybe 2014 also, to open your trunk. I'll send you a couple for $10, postage paid. Pay me via Paypal, you paying the Paypal fee. If interested send me a PM.