PDA

View Full Version : Home Again...trailer update and misc comments.

murphybrown
07-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Good Morning All:
Yesterday I confirmed that I could definitely do an Iron Butt with no issue. Was planning on being out a couple more days, but when I became aware that the "fix" did not 100% fix the trailer I decided to just get my iron butt home. Left SE Idaho (Utah border) about 6:45 a.m. and was buying half n half for my morning coffee at Chelan Safeway at 10:15 p.m. 821 miles, 12 shots of espresso and Pleasant Valley, OR at 107' was not pleasant...just dang hot!!!
I left Chelan on 4/18 headed toward Durango and the Owner's Event. After that I traveled Colorado enjoying all the beauty. And :banghead: with the trailer. The "fix" that the tech at Logan, Utah dealer tried...did not fix...Had a couple bikers that pulled in behind me in Pendleton, OR yesterday when I stopped for fuel and said "are you aware that trailer doesn't track true behind your bike"...so we had a conversation about I am apparently the only owner of a 622 trailer that has had an issue and to quote BRP when contacted by Logan dealer..BRP does not have a fix. Matt of Logan dealership tried something he thought might work, since when he called BRP they told him they had no solution. So where I am at is that I contacted Pitbull, where I purchased trailer end of April, and said BRP needs to replace the trailer NOW...I leave on my next Spyder journey August 1 and I want a trailer that is like all other 622's. These new tires have 821 miles on them and the right showing more wear than left...same old story. :yikes:. I really believe that BRP will step up to the plate and do what is right. :thumbup:
Well like anyone else returning from weeks of ryding...I have stacks of stuff (and weeds) and and and that all say deal with me NOW...and I say to them...relax I need my coffee!!!
Have a great day...for this is THE DAY....:yes:

currin20fan
07-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Glad you made it back home safe. Hopefully you will resolve your trailer issues soon. Keep us updated when you can.

PrairieSpyder
07-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Welcome home! I'm sorry your trailer is still a problem. I think, like OJ UK, that you should have gotten a replacement trailer 2 tire-sets ago. Here's hoping BRP will once again step up.

Chupaca
07-11-2014, 11:14 AM
sorry you had to cut the trip short and boogie on home. I mentioned about having someone follow you and see if the trailer was following you or going it's own way..:roflblack: Seems the frame was not centered in the welding jig correctly and it got welded up askew...hope they quit messing and guessing and get you one that is straight and not gay (as in slap happy)..:roflblack: But anyway gkad your back even though you up to your ears in catch up work. August is just around the corner...:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
07-11-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm so happy that those bikers told you what they saw or you'd be heading out to CA and winding up needing another set of tires.

Karyl, I hope BRP has seen your motto so they know what they are up against.
My Motto Is:
Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

jerpinoy
07-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Glad back home and I'm hope BRP will replace your trailer at no cost.

Good luck.

PW2013STL
07-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Welcome Home:yes:

There should be no question about them replacing your trailer. It is defective and they admit that they do not know how to fix it. The only outcome should be a replacement.

78OldRide
07-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Glad you made it safe. Don't mean to offend but when people say I'm to old I use you as a example old being a state of mind.

PW2013STL
07-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Glad you made it safe. Don't mean to offend but when people say I'm to old I use you as a example old being a state of mind.

:opps: so do I :opps:

ARtraveler
07-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Also hoping that you get a new trailer. Something is wrong for sure. You have a good dealer and I am sure that they will go out of their way for you. The defective trailer needs to be sent back to BRP so they can figure out what went wrong.

Keep us posted, and hang in there.

PS: Very glad you made it home safely. :yes::yes:

Bob Denman
07-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Karyl,
:agree: with everyone...
I wonder if your trailer may have had, "an incident"; before it got to you... :shocked:

ChicoFowler
07-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Glad you are home safe. It's always nice to make a successful, but safe trip...even though "murphy" constantly follows you along the way. My wife and are 1/3 through our 3500 round trip from Omaha to the east coast and back, and thus far we've dealt with a trailer flat tire - 5+ hours of miserable rain and somewhere in Ohio, the running lights on the trailer just went out. Turn signals/brake lights Ok, but no running lights. Stopped at a Can Am dealer in Bensalem, PA and he said he had to replace the "running" light wire from "the box" to the plug ??? What the hell is "the box" I don't know, but it's working now. Just had this hitch put on a month ago in Omaha??? Go figure :shocked:

Good luck on your next ride

Pennyrick
07-11-2014, 02:05 PM
:banghead: with the trailer. The "fix" that the tech at Logan, Utah dealer tried...did not fix...Had a couple bikers that pulled in behind me in Pendleton, OR yesterday when I stopped for fuel and said "are you aware that trailer doesn't track true behind your bike"...so we had a conversation about I am apparently the only owner of a 622 trailer that has had an issue and to quote BRP when contacted by Logan dealer..BRP does not have a fix. Matt of Logan dealership tried something he thought might work, since when he called BRP they told him they had no solution. So where I am at is that I contacted Pitbull, where I purchased trailer end of April, and said BRP needs to replace the trailer NOW...I leave on my next Spyder journey August 1 and I want a trailer that is like all other 622's. These new tires have 821 miles on them and the right showing more wear than left...same old story. :yikes:. I really believe that BRP will step up to the plate and do what is right. :thumbup:
Well like anyone else returning from weeks of ryding...I have stacks of stuff (and weeds) and and and that all say deal with me NOW...and I say to them...relax I need my coffee!!!
Have a great day...for this is THE DAY....:yes:

Karyl:

The thought occurs to me that all that sideways and crossways dragging of the trailer half way across the country must be having some impact on your Spyder. I would not be satisfied that just replacing the trailer will be the end of your problems. Pulling something that way must be having some negative impact on your drive train. I would insist that the bearings, belt, sprocket and anything else in the drive line be completely inspected and repaired or replaced if it is out of specification at all.

You are one of the best promotional vehicles that Can Am has.... use it in your favor. They owe you at least that much and more.

murphybrown
07-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Karyl,
:agree: with everyone...
I wonder if your trailer may have had, "an incdient"; before it got to you... :shocked:

Hi Bob: I noticed one of the comments made by the Logan Tech was he examined for any "oops"....and said saw nothing!!!! It got dropped on it's head or maybe it is the dreaded "13" curse...even though the trailer was new it was a '13 manufacture year...
:dontknow:

bluestratos
07-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Hi Karyl,

I have had my trailer striped to the frame and they are right, there is no adjustment. That being said, both suspension units are welded assemblies so either poor jigging or transport damaged. I am sure Pit Bull will do right by you and more confident that they will get worked out with BRP. Rather ignorant reply from BRP, lol.. we have no solution... :yikes: hmmmm, must be the last trailer they plan to sell? lol...

Bob Denman
07-11-2014, 06:49 PM
The Quality Control Department must have been having a picnic somewhere... :gaah:
And none of us were invited! :shocked:

rogerb
07-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Glad your trip ended on the safe side. John's and my trip to Nova Scotia was interesting. We survived Hurricane Arthur. Spent most of the time talking to the other motorcyclists in attendance. The number was down this year but they made the best of it. That's typical of Nova Scotians. They awarded medals to the four kids in attendance for beating Arthur. They played outdoors between showers from 8 in the morning to 10 at night. Now we know how to get kids away from there electronics, let them play outside during a hurricane. New tent trailer handled the storm very well. Some things have a high priority. When the power went out they borrowed my small generator and rigged it so that the bathroom toilets had running water but not the sinks. They have their priorities KEEP THE WOMEN HAPPY. They had to use flashlights to go to the bathroom but they flushed.

murphybrown
07-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Glad your trip ended on the safe side. John's and my trip to Nova Scotia was interesting. We survived Hurricane Arthur. Spent most of the time talking to the other motorcyclists in attendance. The number was down this year but they made the best of it. That's typical of Nova Scotians. They awarded medals to the four kids in attendance for beating Arthur. They played outdoors between showers from 8 in the morning to 10 at night. Now we know how to get kids away from there electronics, let them play outside during a hurricane. New tent trailer handled the storm very well. Some things have a high priority. When the power went out they borrowed my small generator and rigged it so that the bathroom toilets had running water but not the sinks. They have their priorities KEEP THE WOMEN HAPPY. They had to use flashlights to go to the bathroom but they flushed.

why am I not surprised you had the "cure" handy..lol. Hi to John..:clap:

jaherbst
07-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Come on BRP----Do the lady right. A new Trailer and reimburse for three sets of tires!

What say yee??

Pitbull needs to stand with you 110%

Jack

cptjam
07-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Straight up lemon. Back to the closest dealer! Step up, BRP! It is not like she abused it! Ann has 50,000 miles on her 622, trouble free! Admit this one sucks, replace it, and figure out why. Done is good, faster is better!!!!
joe

GloryRyders
07-12-2014, 05:30 AM
Welcome Home MURPHY!:yes:Keep us informed about the trailer issue.............praying that BRP will "step up" and OK a new one for you!:pray::pray:

murphybrown
07-12-2014, 06:36 AM
Come on BRP----Do the lady right. A new Trailer and reimburse for three sets of tires!

What say yee??

Pitbull needs to stand with you 110%

Jack
GM Jack.
up to this point Pitbull has been behind me 1000 %. Vanessa and Len did the leg (phone) work to find dealer close to my travels. Reimbursement for tires has so far been done because of them .. Sending receipts for set #3 on Monday. Yesterday when I told Vanessa 'enough' BRP needs to replace NOW she immediately started the necessary process. The ball is in BRP's court and since they already told Logan dealer that BRP does NOT HAVE A FIX, there is only one satisfactory solution for me. A new pearl white 622 trailer.

Pennyrick
07-12-2014, 08:48 AM
GM Jack.
up to this point Pitbull has been behind me 1000 %. Vanessa and Len did the leg (phone) work to find dealer close to my travels. Reimbursement for tires has so far been done because of them .. Sending receipts for set #3 on Monday. Yesterday when I told Vanessa 'enough' BRP needs to replace NOW she immediately started the necessary process. The ball is in BRP's court and since they already told Logan dealer that BRP does NOT HAVE A FIX, there is only one satisfactory solution for me. A new pearl white 622 trailer.

Failing all that suggest you park it some evening under a tree that is about to fall and then check the damage the next morning. A good size tree may twist the frame completely.

schnauzermom
07-12-2014, 11:10 AM
So sorry to keep reading of your perils. Don't know and never met Pitbull folks but sounds like their doing their thing to get it settled for you. Kudos to them when you receive your new trailer. Just a part of doing business for them and their customer service seems to be spot on. Here's hoping your next trip is carefree, your guardian angels seem to be keeping up with you, even through your bumps in the road.