PDA

View Full Version : Paint protector film

recordingguy
07-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Has any one added a protective film on the top of the glove box? My CB cable drags across it all the time and marks it. Bob

gonker
07-11-2014, 09:46 AM
wrapmyspyder.com on the home page. Dash kit. Buy the glove box kit. Mine is all carbon fiber. They have pics of what they look like. You will like the way it looks and protects. I've done a half dozen spyders so far.

SpyderAnn01
07-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Has any one added a protective film on the top of the glove box? My CB cable drags across it all the time and marks it. Bob

That is a good idea, I've seen many a Spyder with a banged up glovebox from the CB. I'm not a fan of the wood look and carbon fiber wraps but clear 3M film would be great. Do it and post some pictures.

Chupaca
07-11-2014, 11:05 AM
some of our ryders have a sleeve on the cord that protects the finish. Sort of like those you put on seat belts so they don't chafe your neck...if our sponsors don't have what you want that film is available at autoparts stores as well...:thumbup:

redflasher
07-12-2014, 08:04 AM

Snyder paint guard which is available from Aerostich. Clear film that just sticks on with static cling. Just mist some water on the paint and film and smooth it on with an old credit card. I have it on the side bags on my RT protecting the paint where my wife seems to kick every time she rides.

Mikesm
07-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Has any one added a protective film on the top of the glove box? My CB cable drags across it all the time and marks it. Bob[/QUOTE]
Try googling 3m products saw where they were coming out with a new spray on clear protective film that will peel off if needed. It is suppose to be like the film Lexus and Infinity use on their front caps and mirrors.