PDA

View Full Version : Got an Ultimate that my wife and I could sit on?

peterparker
07-10-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm trying to locate a Spyder with an Ultimate Seat that my wife and I could sit on. Ideally a Tall Boy with the Ultimate passenger backrest which is what I am leaning towards. Yeah, I know Ultimate has that 14 day guarantee but I want to make an informed decision before I buy and not go through the hassle of installing, uninstalling and returning if we do not fit well on the seat. The big question is how much room my wife would have on the Tall Boy. Ultimate says that she will probably end up giving up about 3/4 of an inch with the Tall Boy and passenger backrest versus the other seat with the stock dimensions. We fit a little tight on our stock seat but that extra leg room would really be nice. We are about 20 minutes north of Houston.

Purple Guy
07-11-2014, 10:44 AM
If you go with the tallboy you might have to remove the backrest when riding 2 up to give your wife enough room.
I opted for the midrider seat, happy wife happy life! :roflblack:
Love my Ultimate. Seat!

peterparker
07-11-2014, 11:55 AM
If you go with the tallboy you might have to remove the backrest when riding 2 up to give your wife enough room.
I opted for the midrider seat, happy wife happy life! :roflblack:
Love my Ultimate. Seat!

Yeah PG - I would not use the rider backrest with the wife aboard. That would just be for soloing.

Purple Guy
07-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Yeah PG - I would not use the rider backrest with the wife aboard. That would just be for soloing.
In that case I'd go for the tallboy, the extra couple inches will make the ride more comfortable for you.

Arch
07-12-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm trying to locate a Spyder with an Ultimate Seat that my wife and I could sit on. Ideally a Tall Boy with the Ultimate passenger backrest which is what I am leaning towards. Yeah, I know Ultimate has that 14 day guarantee but I want to make an informed decision before I buy and not go through the hassle of installing, uninstalling and returning if we do not fit well on the seat. The big question is how much room my wife would have on the Tall Boy. Ultimate says that she will probably end up giving up about 3/4 of an inch with the Tall Boy and passenger backrest versus the other seat with the stock dimensions. We fit a little tight on our stock seat but that extra leg room would really be nice. We are about 20 minutes north of Houston.

I have the Ultimate Tall Boy with the drivers back rest and the spyder passenger back rest, in the Tomball area, glade to meet-up and let y'all try it out. It has worked great for me and passengers even with the drivers back rest in place.

Ed

peterparker
07-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I have the Ultimate Tall Boy with the drivers back rest and the spyder passenger back rest, in the Tomball area, glade to meet-up and let y'all try it out. It has worked great for me and passengers even with the drivers back rest in place.

Ed

Ed - From looking at your picture on your post, I would say that you probably have an RS. We have the RT with the rear trunk so I think our seating position would be quite a bit different from the one on your scoot. I should have posted what model we have in my first post. I think that on your bike, sitting on it myself would give me an idea of the legroom that I could achieve but I don't know how an RS passenger backrest would stack up to the backrest that bolts onto the trunk of an RT. The big thing that we are trying to figure out is that we want to see if we have enough room for my wife and I both with the Tall Boy's extended leg room. Neither one of us are small people.

What do you think?

Bill - The Woodlands

peterparker
04-23-2015, 12:16 PM

I think that I am ready to explore this again. Looking for someone with an RT that has a Mid Rider Ultimate. I want to compensate extra leg room with highway pegs so if the bike had the pegs, that would be a big plus.

jcthorne
04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
I think that I am ready to explore this again. Looking for someone with an RT that has a Mid Rider Ultimate. I want to compensate extra leg room with highway pegs so if the bike had the pegs, that would be a big plus.

We live near Champions Forrest, Louetta and SH249 area. I have an Ultimate tall boy and back rest on my RT, Louise has the BRP Comfort seat and backrest on her RT. You are welcome to try either or both. PM me if you would like to arrange. I know what its like trying to decide on a new seat.

Both have highway pegs.

peterparker
08-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Well, I thought that we had an opportunity to test sit JCThorne's RT with the Ultimate Tall Boy on it but he went to Spyderfest and traded it in on an F3. Drat!! That F3 does look really nice with the new blue paint on it though.

Anyone else out there with an RT fitted with an Ultimate Tall Boy? The wife and I were even thinking about going to the Spyder get together in Bourne to try someone's seat (just sit, not ride) but I would like to get this taken care of before Fall, aka Prime Riding Time.

sduskin
08-10-2015, 12:50 PM
I have the combo you were asking about on my RT-S. I dont ride 2-up except in very rare circumstances as my wife has her own RT-S. I am south of Oklahoma City about 40-50 miles. I could meet you at Purcell or Pauls Valley. I dont know where in TX you are located.

I MAY be in the Round Rock area in a few weeks.

MisterP
08-10-2015, 07:08 PM
The Tall Boy is very comfortable. I agree with comments that you should remove the backrest when riding together.

peterparker
08-11-2015, 12:27 PM
I have the combo you were asking about on my RT-S. I dont ride 2-up except in very rare circumstances as my wife has her own RT-S. I am south of Oklahoma City about 40-50 miles. I could meet you at Purcell or Pauls Valley. I dont know where in TX you are located.

I MAY be in the Round Rock area in a few weeks.

Thanks for the post on this. The Round Rock option could be a possibility for us. We are about 20 minutes north of Houston so running up to OK would not be an option for us. I know Ultimate has that 14 day return policy but I don't want to deal with the hassle of that so we feel a test sit would let us know for sure. The big factor will be if my wife has enough room to sit comfortably on the Tall Boy while I would get the benefit of the leg room.

If you find that you will make the Round Rock journey, please pm me and I will give you my email address to be able to arrange a meeting. I hope that your trip would be on the weekend because during the week would not be an option for us.

Thanks a lot.

Bill