PDA

View Full Version : Hello Virginia

NautiBrit
07-09-2014, 08:10 PM
My wife and I have ridden from Phoenix, AZ to play in a soccer tournament and are currently staying in Chesapeake. We spent our first night in Virginia in Roanoke, after riding the Blue Ridge Pkwy from Asheville, SC. and then rode into Chesapeake last night. After playing soccer this morning, we went for a ride up and down the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. This causeway is an engineering marvel and well worth the $13 toll. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a rain storm tonight, but we're hoping for better weather tomorrow and through the weekend. Next week we start heading home and are still deciding on a route. Looks like you have a multitude of good riding roads here that we'll try to see as we return.

spyder-dude
07-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Was there for my first time last week while on vacation in Virginia Beach. Would hate to be on that bridge when a storm comes through as it is like 10 miles long. Go check out Assateague island which is like 45 minutes north of there. We went but didn't see any wild horses but next time hopefully will be on the spyder riding there!

Biggdogg22
07-09-2014, 09:01 PM
My wife and I have ridden from Phoenix, AZ to play in a soccer tournament and are currently staying in Chesapeake. We spent our first night in Virginia in Roanoke, after riding the Blue Ridge Pkwy from Asheville, SC. and then rode into Chesapeake last night. After playing soccer this morning, we went for a ride up and down the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. This causeway is an engineering marvel and well worth the $13 toll. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a rain storm tonight, but we're hoping for better weather tomorrow and through the weekend. Next week we start heading home and are still deciding on a route. Looks like you have a multitude of good riding roads here that we'll try to see as we return.
Welcome to Chesapeake. Sorry for bad news but I think it's suppose to rain for the next 5 days or so.....

But please check out Captain Georges Seafood in Virginia Beach. A little pricey but good...

SNOOPY
07-09-2014, 09:08 PM
You're right next door. :thumbup:

Chupaca
07-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Sounds like a great trip. Sorry about the weather but will clear up soon enough..good luck with the soccer and have a safextrip home...which ever way that may be...:thumbup::ohyea::ohyea:

NautiBrit
07-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Thank you all for the good wishes and recommendations. We got rained out today and will have to play two games tomorrow, weather permitting again. I'm hoping that this old body can handle it :pray:

DR Buck
07-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Was there for my first time last week while on vacation in Virginia Beach. Would hate to be on that bridge when a storm comes through as it is like 10 miles long. Go check out Assateague island which is like 45 minutes north of there. We went but didn't see any wild horses but next time hopefully will be on the spyder riding there!

​The bridge tunnel is more like 23 mile long. I used to make weekend trips from Norfolk to SE PA on my Honda 2 wheeler way back when the toll was $3.25.

SNOOPY
07-10-2014, 09:45 PM
20 miles long.

And I hope no one was on a motorcycle of any sort in the last 8 hours here!

Torrential downpours, killer lightning and a couple areas hit w/ what looked like small isolated tornado's! :yikes:

Dragonfly
07-16-2014, 09:12 PM
20 miles long.

And I hope no one was on a motorcycle of any sort in the last 8 hours here!

Torrential downpours, killer lightning and a couple areas hit w/ what looked like small isolated tornado's! :yikes:

Almost as much fun as our trip to Spiderfest. Couple of times I thought I was on a Sea-doo.

NautiBrit
07-16-2014, 10:11 PM
My team won our division in the tournament and we're on our way back to Phoenix. Rode the Natchez Trace today and heading for San Antonio, where my wife has wanted to stroll the Riverwalk. From there, who knows, plans are wide open?