PDA

View Full Version : BUDS program download

master1309
07-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Is there a downloadable program so we can use our computer to check codes on our spyder??:pray:

Magdave
07-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Is there a downloadable program so we can use our computer to check codes on our spyder??:pray:
Nope

jtoro1
07-08-2014, 01:37 PM

You can use your smartphone to look up codes,, spydercodes app and press 3 bottons to pull up codes on display on bike

Bob Denman
07-08-2014, 01:43 PM
For those of us without the proper "mobile devices" :D

http://www.spyderhelp.com/Menu%20Panels/StartMobile.aspx

Magdave
07-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Still stand by my answer there is no downloadable computer interface to check codes on a Spyder besides BUDS. You can pull the codes up on your display and use Rogers app to define them. You can buy a non approved version of buds but it is $$$$ and does not get all the updates as they come out.

Bob Denman
07-08-2014, 02:23 PM
:agree: "BUDS-lite"; so to speak... :D

jcthorne
07-08-2014, 02:43 PM
A single VIN limited version of BUDs was discussed at length at the Durango Owners event for use by owners wishing to do their own maintenance. No idea if this will get anywhere. The idea was to make it cheap enough for an individual owner by locking the licence to your single VIN number.

otter28169
07-08-2014, 02:47 PM
I would love to have BUDS system in my shop. Considering the nightmare I have experienced with the local dealer when I had the spyder in for service, It would be worth the cost to have it.

Just sayin'............

Chupaca
07-08-2014, 02:50 PM
there was and may still be a version but the reliability and if it was up to date was always in question. You can get the buds program from brp but wow and you still need cables etc. Rogers app for android and apple will show you codes what caused them and possibke fixes....so basically...no...:gaah:

Bob Denman
07-08-2014, 02:50 PM
A single VIN limited version of BUDs was discussed at length at the Durango Owners event for use by owners wishing to do their own maintenance. No idea if this will get anywhere. The idea was to make it cheap enough for an individual owner by locking the licence to your single VIN number.
What about multiple bikes within a single family?
Or...
A succession of Spyders within a family? :dontknow:

Magdave
07-08-2014, 02:51 PM
What about multiple bikes within a single family?
Or...
A succession of Spyders within a family? :dontknow:
That would require multiple $$$'s

billybovine
07-08-2014, 03:20 PM

I like that idea!!

finless
07-08-2014, 03:29 PM
I like that idea!!

+100

I would like one too!

Bob

jcthorne
07-08-2014, 04:27 PM
I would really like it if BRP put me out of business.
Given my fantastic income from SpyderCodes and mySpyder, if BRP would allow users to connect up and download their own codes and profiles, I would happily forego the millions I make on app downloads.

but....but...Roger, we would miss your frequent updates, neat new features and witty humor....BRP is not good at any of those!

Bob Denman
07-08-2014, 04:52 PM
:agree: I don't even own any of the appropriate Mobile Devices; I'd STILL miss him!! :shocked: :gaah:

Magdave
07-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Given my fantastic income from SpyderCodes and mySpyder, if BRP would allow users to connect up and download their own codes and profiles, I would happily forego the millions I make on app downloads.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: You funny man Roger. Thank you again for what you have done :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
07-08-2014, 06:25 PM
For $1,000 you can buy BUDS and the required cable but you can not write data to BRPs computer network with it.

Dan_Ashley
07-08-2014, 08:17 PM
For $1,000 you can buy BUDS and the required cable but you can not write data to BRPs computer network with it.
My motorcycle has an internal NETWORK? Oh no....say it ain't so...can the NSA invade it?

szohar
07-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Roger,

I hope they will not take it over, I already know their work quality, yours is way better.

How can you give up all the $$$ you are getting from the App.

DrewNJ
07-08-2014, 08:57 PM
BRP Diagnostics is the program and it actually works very well. From my limited exposure to both programs I couldn't tell the difference. Updates through BRP still come through but from what I am told, take a few weeks longer. No biggie.

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-08-2014, 10:55 PM
My motorcycle has an internal NETWORK? Oh no....say it ain't so...can the NSA invade it?
Yes it does! :ohyea:It's called the CAN bus (Controller Area Network) system. But SpyderAnn is referring to the BRP system in Canada where all of the vital statistics of all our Spyders, and other rec machines, is stored. The latter probably is, or has been, hacked by NSA! :yikes: The BUDS program and cable she mentioned can be used to write updates to Spyder's nanny.

If you have a relatively new car, it has a network in it also. But have no fear. If you are anything like me, you are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things the NSA computer knows not to waste time keeping track of you, or me! Insignificance has its benefits! :clap:

Dan_Ashley
07-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Yes it does! :ohyea:It's called the CAN bus (Controller Area Network) system. But SpyderAnn is referring to the BRP system in Canada where all of the vital statistics of all our Spyders, and other rec machines, is stored. The latter probably is, or has been, hacked by NSA! :yikes: The BUDS program and cable she mentioned can be used to write updates to Spyder's nanny.

If you have a relatively new car, it has a network in it also. But have no fear. If you are anything like me, you are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things the NSA computer knows not to waste time keeping track of you, or me! Insignificance has its benefits! :clap:
LOL

Gray Ghost
07-09-2014, 05:57 AM
I got the update to my system about three same time dealers were getting theirs. I was aligning a 2013 yesterday and as soon as I hooked it up to BUDS the system let me know he had not had the 2013-9 update. I am familiar with other motorcycle diagnostic programs and I have not seen any indications that these are less than the full program, other than connecting to the dealer network.