PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton, this Summer?

ChasCS
07-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Hello, to all of my Albertan Spyder Ryding Brothers and Sisters!!
For those folks who plan to be sticking closer to home for the duration of this riding season, I am wondering if there are any/many local ryders or Spyder groups, already planning on getting together this sumner for any joint activities?

I'm very new on the scene here, and so far, have only learned of one group, who regularly gather every second Wednesday on the far NorthSide of the city. I would be interested in meeting any other ryders who may live more central or preferably South of the River. It would be nice to be meeting up earlier in the afternoon where and when possible, for early evening rides in and around the capital city. All though, I can also see the advantage of riding after our dinner hour, when the rush-hour traffic eventually slows way down and the temperature too.

How do we contact each other? Who wants to willingly collect names and or numbers of others?
Please post an email address or number to call, where we can gather a few of us and enjoy these Spyder's together...I prefer cruising Locally, so not really interested in leaving the province, let alone far from Strathcona County.

Chas

Purple Guy
07-08-2014, 08:23 AM
You can check out www.spyalta.com
It's a local Spyder forum that posts local rides and events.
A bunch of Spyder Riders from Edmonton are riding down to Sylvan Lake on 19th to meet up with Spyder Riders from Calgary...

Barlock
07-08-2014, 08:54 AM
You can check out www.spyalta.com (http://www.spyalta.com)
A bunch of Spyder Riders from Edmonton are riding down to Sylvan Lake on 19th to meet up with Spyder Riders from Calgary...

Interesting. I never new about the existence of the SPYAlta. Thanks for sharing this. Are you talking about 19th of July here? Where exactly are they planning to meet - do you know? I guess I should check the local forum first and see if the info is there. Thanks anyway.

Purple Guy
07-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Yeah, July 19th
Leaving from the Petrocan on 97st & 164 ave at 10am.
New riders are more than welcome!

ChasCS
07-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Yeah, July 19th
Leaving from the Petrocan on 97st & 164 ave at 10am.
New riders are more than welcome!

Hi,
Yes, I already look forward to meeting some of you this Wednesday, at the PetroCan.
Alberta Spyder Rider's, Edmonton gathering. I will likely be traveling with Marc from Martin Deer Line, SS location.

Thanks for the info and welcome.

Chas

ChasCS
07-19-2014, 11:56 AM
You can check out www.spyalta.com (http://www.spyalta.com)

I registered my membership on the Spyalta forum last week, and still never received the confirmation email? Clicked the resend button, several times too, but nothing ever arrived...
Does anyone monitor that forum as in moderators?

Anyway, disappointment set in with the realization, the rain washed out our North Meets South ride this morning... Sylvan Lake will have to wait for us.
Let's all hope for better weather luck, in August, summer is short enough here as it is...

Chas

cabodan
07-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Anybody up in Edmonton area going down to :spyder2: IN THE REDWOODS for August 3rd to 7th. :yes::cheers:

cabodan
07-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Anybody up in Edmonton area going down to :spyder2: IN THE REDWOODS for August 3rd to 7th. :yes::cheers:
:thumbup:

Santa & Mrs Claus
07-20-2014, 02:56 PM
We are going from Saskatoon to SITR Aug 4-7.

cabodan
07-20-2014, 03:55 PM
We are leaving from Victoria on August 1st via Pt.Angeles going down 101 hwy and staying in Astoria that night.