PDA

View Full Version : No More Back Seat for Me!

tristan626
07-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Sat behind the husband for several seasons before I finally convinced myself I could do it on my own. Took the MSC class here in MA with a friend and we both passed. Picked up a bike and spent a season trying to gain confidence, just didn't work. Back to the back seat last week on a trip to Vermont and stopped at a dealer on our return trip. One test ride later and some sleepless nights led to my new baby being parked in my garage. I am now the proud owner of a 2013 STS SE5. Husband road the old bike to the dealer for the trade in and I wouldn't let him anywhere near my ride as I was taking this girl home! 50 miles back from the dealer on 7/3 and another 100 over the weekend is proof enough that I made the right choice and can't stop smiling. We are planning our weekends around trips throughout New England with a couple of long getaways thrown in so I expect my mileage to continue to grow rapidly.
I didn't spend much time on two wheels so there are no habits to break and I am confident in my skills and the transition has been wonderful.
Count me as one happy spyder rider with an itchy throttle hand!
See you on the road.:thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
07-07-2014, 06:02 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

I can't wait to hear more about your rydes!

Chupaca
07-07-2014, 06:19 PM
congrats..!! :2thumbs: nice looking new ryde..and..welcome your going to have the time of your life..!! :clap::ohyea::ohyea:be safe..!!

ARCTIC
07-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Welcome & Congrats on the new purchase!!!!

Bob Ledford
07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
We, Anne and I, went truck shopping to get me a new pickup truck We wanted more inside the cab space so we had decided on the new "double cab" which in reality. is the old "extended cab" just with two extra doors.

i like my creature comforts so we had settled on the LTZ level. We were waffling on colors, then the "she word" entered into all the minor things like tires, wheels, chrome grille, chrome trim" body side moldings, interior colors, etc. she picked a "Sport Metallic Red" same color as my 2006 Z71 Silverado model but did not like the price. When I was asked what color I wanted? The answer was simple ! Metallic Brown, Sport Red, Black, any green, last place was white or blue!

she spotted a Sileraado DC in Brownstone Metallic with aLTZ trim package in a 4X4 drive train for 2.5 K $ less. We had a winner! The first day I got to drive it 10 miles out of 30 now we're showing 200+\- 50 miles I now have got to drive it twice by myself. Looking like I get to keep the Spyder and start driving her 14 Traverse soon!

But guess who got to write the check? Me!

smurfette
07-07-2014, 08:34 PM
:2excited: Another Mass. Syster!!!:clap:

Purple Guy
07-07-2014, 08:43 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

spydaman60
07-07-2014, 08:50 PM
welcome!!! enjoy the ride!!! :2thumbs:

FaranH
07-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Congratulations! :dg2:We'd love to have you join Girls on Spyders if you're on Facebook. We're group closed to women only and have over 1700 from all over the world. If you'll private message me your real name, I'll be sure OK your request to join (if you're not already a member). Just click the link below. Hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlsonspyders/

jaherbst
07-07-2014, 09:15 PM
We, Anne and I, went truck shopping to get me a new pickup truck We wanted more inside the cab space so we had decided on the new "double cab" which in reality. is the old "extended cab" just with two extra doors.

i like my creature comforts so we had settled on the LTZ level. We were waffling on colors, then the "she word" entered into all the minor things like tires, wheels, chrome grille, chrome trim" body side moldings, interior colors, etc. she picked a "Sport Metallic Red" same color as my 2006 Z71 Silverado model but did not like the price. When I was asked what color I wanted? The answer was simple ! Metallic Brown, Sport Red, Black, any green, last place was white or blue!

she spotted a Sileraado DC in Brownstone Metallic with aLTZ trim package in a 4X4 drive train for 2.5 K $ less. We had a winner! The first day I got to drive it 10 miles out of 30 now we're showing 200+\- 50 miles I now have got to drive it twice by myself. Looking like I get to keep the Spyder and start driving her 14 Traverse soon!

But guess who got to write the check? Me!

Are you in the right thread????? We are talking about Triston's new Spyder here. Nothing to do with trucks.

SpyderAnn01
07-07-2014, 09:56 PM
:welcome: and congratulations on your new Spyder

billrob71
07-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new :spyder2:

Benggolf
07-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Welcome and congratulations on your new ride. :thumbup:

SPYD1
07-07-2014, 11:58 PM
You've been patient!!!

hdlongrod
07-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Congrats and good for you!!

tristan626
07-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome, I am looking forward to joining GOS and spending time here learning all sorts of great things! It's great to have the pendulum swing the other way from great frustration on two wheels to wonderful satisfaction on three!:clap:

ARtraveler
07-08-2014, 01:38 PM
:congrats:

JoeUpchurch
07-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Way to go girl! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk