PDA

View Full Version : Happy Spyder Owner...it's the truth

flamingobabe
07-07-2014, 12:40 PM
where do I start......My ST has had numerous problems for the last year and a half....I have been working with BRP and a few different case workers....one case worker is as good as the other.....Steve from BRPCares has helped me get returned calls from case workers...thank you Steve and I enjoyed meeting you at Spyderfest......thank you to Dany Davey BRP tech who has been instrumental in finding fixes and repairs to the Spyder...Dany... always a pleasure to see and talk to you...thank you for all you do...I actually met Carlo in Durango...imagine his surprise when I walked up and introduced myself to him....nice to have a face to a name......BRP and my dealers....3 different dealers......have finally came up with a winner.....I have put 8,000 miles on the bike in the last 6 weeks and everything is running perfect....this is where it should had been the day I purchased the ST......

things that have made my ST perfect......replacement of master cylinder, brake cable, canister....Mark fabricated a larger...taller heat shield....wrapped exhaust pipes...covered /insulated gas tank...replaced spark plug wires and plugs...mine were so lean they were chalky white and wires crumbling and falling apart.....but the flash that BRP did in late January cooled the boiling gas and 170 degree gas cap down in half....when I finally got my 2014 air flow panels.....that took like forever....but the improvement was worth the wait.....replaced my clutch system...some clutch plates were warped.... I have ridden up to 800 miles in one day...repeated gas stops and 100++ degree temps and the bike is running perfect......let me say around 100 degrees....you need long pants, tall boots, long sleeve shirt, cool vest...thank you Ann Meyer.....with a jacket.....hot is hot...protect yourself....if riding in a cross wind you will have a hot foot ...move it.....in a tail wind and all is good....my mpg has improved to about 35-37

So what I want to say is....my persistence and patients has paid off.....I'm a happy ST Spyder owner

Magdave
07-07-2014, 12:45 PM
:clap:I asked earlier how your bike was doing glad you have slayed the Dragon fire....literally.:thumbup: I wonder if BRP made an upper panel scoop for the 2013 RT's if that would solve our problems myself.

Bob Denman
07-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Now,you know why you got this bike! :D
:congrats: on finally getting it to meet your expectations! :clap: :2thumbs:

billybovine
07-07-2014, 12:55 PM
I am happy to hear they got things fixed for you. It should not have taken as long as it did. I was lucky in having an identical machine except for color without most of the troubles you had.

Big Arm
07-07-2014, 01:00 PM
:yes: I couldn't be more happy for you.....:yes:You waited a long time for this day :clap:

ARtraveler
07-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Thank you for posting the success story about your :spyder2:. I am very glad for you and hope that you will now be able to enjoys miles and miles of good times.

Persistence seems to pay off. :yes::yes:

Bob Denman
07-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I wonder who's happier; Charlyne?, or Mark???

cptjam
07-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Yay!

SpyderAnn01
07-07-2014, 01:26 PM
I would have loved to see Carlo's face when you two met. I just wish I had had the time in Durango to see him too. :roflblack: I am so happy that your Spyder is finally performing the way it should have from the beginning.

I can attest to the fact that Charlyne rode in 100++ temps and she didn't melt.

PrairieSpyder
07-07-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm glad you're now a happy Spydererererer.

Pennyrick
07-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Glad your machine is back in the Pink.

SpyRyd
07-07-2014, 01:57 PM
I'm happy that you are happy. You (and Hotglue) went through a lot...here's hoping for many, many smiley miles of ST motoring!

Bob Denman
07-07-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm glad you're now a happy Spydererererer.

:shocked: I think that you forgot one of the "er"s... :D

Chupaca
07-07-2014, 02:22 PM
glad that things worked out but sorry about the path you had to go down. But...your back out there with a vengance and ryding like the rainbows end is over the next horizon..enjoy and be safe..!! :2thumbs::ohyea::ohyea:

SNOOPY
07-07-2014, 02:39 PM
I did notice on the BRP parts site they have a new kit for 2013 ST owners.

Shows most of what you just listed. :thumbup:

Its listed under Flamingobabe, and I think the part number is 726 000 007

roflmao

sledmaster
07-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Considering how much complaining we all had to endure, it is mighty proper to now hear the resolution(s) and how it has all worked out. You should be complimented for coming forward to tell us that things are now finally "right". Thank you. :clap:

MikeinGA
07-07-2014, 03:16 PM
where do I start......My ST has had numerous problems for the last year and a half....I have been working with BRP and a few different case workers....one case worker is as good as the other.....Steve from BRPCares has helped me get returned calls from case workers...thank you Steve and I enjoyed meeting you at Spyderfest......thank you to Dany Davey BRP tech who has been instrumental in finding fixes and repairs to the Spyder...Dany... always a pleasure to see and talk to you...thank you for all you do...I actually met Carlo in Durango...imagine his surprise when I walked up and introduced myself to him....nice to have a face to a name......BRP and my dealers....3 different dealers......have finally came up with a winner.....I have put 8,000 miles on the bike in the last 6 weeks and everything is running perfect....this is where it should had been the day I purchased the ST......

things that have made my ST perfect......replacement of master cylinder, brake cable, canister....Mark fabricated a larger...taller heat shield....wrapped exhaust pipes...covered /insulated gas tank...replaced spark plug wires and plugs...mine were so lean they were chalky white and wires crumbling and falling apart.....but the flash that BRP did in late January cooled the boiling gas and 170 degree gas cap down in half....when I finally got my 2014 air flow panels.....that took like forever....but the improvement was worth the wait.....replaced my clutch system...some clutch plates were warped.... I have ridden up to 800 miles in one day...repeated gas stops and 100++ degree temps and the bike is running perfect......let me say around 100 degrees....you need long pants, tall boots, long sleeve shirt, cool vest...thank you Ann Meyer.....with a jacket.....hot is hot...protect yourself....if riding in a cross wind you will have a hot foot ...move it.....in a tail wind and all is good....my mpg has improved to about 35-37

So what I want to say is....my persistence and patients has paid off.....I'm a happy ST Spyder owner

I'm glad to her the good news. Almost sounds like you replaced half the bike. A rider from N.C. Spyderlovers had made air scoops for the upper center panels. I made a air scoop and sent it to a friend of mine that has an 2012 RS and he did flow test on them and had good feed back. He is making a duct to put the air where we need it. Looks like my 2011 RS-S SE5 have everything fixed and about time to my a new one.

Mike

ruthie
07-07-2014, 03:40 PM
:clap::clap:

MouthPiece
07-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Not only are you a happy spyder owner, but from what I observed when we met in Maggie Valley and reading your posts, you are one classy lady.

Chris

robmorg
07-07-2014, 06:46 PM

I love stories with happy endings. GREAT story! :thumbup: And looking at the map in your sig, you have already enjoyed that machine immensely BEFORE it was perfect.

But I do have a question.... Now that you have visited every state and province in North America below the arctic circle, WHERE are you going to go now? I think you really need to put that ST on a ship and start touring Europe.

JKMSPYDER
07-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Yea Charlyne!! It was a pleasure meeting you at Spyderfest!

flamingobabe
07-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Rob...every trip we take...we work hard not to take the same roads....there is so much of America and Canada to see....we could spend years and never get bored.....and after a few years you want to see some of it again....but would love to ride thru Europe[

QUOTE=robmorg;837992]I love stories with happy endings. GREAT story! :thumbup: And looking at the map in your sig, you have already enjoyed that machine immensely BEFORE it was perfect.

But I do have a question.... Now that you have visited every state and province in North America below the arctic circle, WHERE are you going to go now? I think you really need to put that ST on a ship and start touring Europe.[/QUOTE]

lil rabbit
07-07-2014, 08:09 PM
:congrats: Sis that your Spyder is running the way you want it to run.. Glad you guys made it home safe and sound.. Now comes the fun part of your trip is to organize all your pictures and like you said before keep a journal of all your adventures... I know I started one this year but the only thing I really haven't done is take pictures and I always seem to forget to pull out the camera and take pictures of the cool sights during my travels... But at least I have the memory of the places I seen so far this year.... not as much as you and Mark but the east side of Washington is very beautiful and some fun roads to explore and of course the twisties and curves of the roads..... :yes::yes:

Yazz
07-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Wooo Hooo!!!
So happy y'all are back on the road with no problems! :yes:

spydajohn
07-07-2014, 09:40 PM
It is so good to here a positive story for a change we don't have enough .so now you can finely get out of it what it can give you pure fun.

Web Runner
07-07-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm very happy for you! Looking forward to meeting up with you and Hotglue at Lone Star Rally, if not, sooner!

hotglue
07-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Considering how much complaining we all had to endure, it is mighty proper to now hear the resolution(s) and how it has all worked out. You should be complimented for coming forward to tell us that things are now finally "right". Thank you. :clap:

Sorry you had to endure the complaints.... but that is better than enduring a bike that does not perform... best of luck with your bike.

hotglue
07-07-2014, 11:38 PM
What a GREAT trip!!!!! and it was the first that didn't either start on a trailer or end on a trailer!!!!! that is a PLUS!!!!!!:yes:

billrob71
07-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Good to hear your happy with the bike!

Seadog1
07-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Don't know if I would have the patience. If you bought it new and had that much trouble there must be a real lack of quality control for sure. I am glad you got it all worked out to your satisfaction.

SPYD1
07-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Way to stay with it...:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::clap::clap:

GloryRyders
07-08-2014, 05:26 AM
FINALLY!! :congrats:................:yes::yes:

Spiderwoman
07-08-2014, 05:32 AM

So what I want to say is....my persistence and patients has paid off.....I'm a happy ST Spyder
owner

Charylene. Thanks for the post and moral support. I am going to continue to pursue a fix for my 2012 RS as well. I have been lucky enough to resolve some of electrical problems that were a result of poor dealer prep. But the heat issue has yet to be resolved. I am a rider who always wears full gear even during the summer but my Spyder is so hot on my center and left panel that when riding the bike any distance I can not even touch the panels. I feel much better knowing that if I pursue my problems.... sounds like BRP will help. My first Spyder was a 2008 GS and a dream machine. This 2012 has been a whole new experience in trying to "enjoy the ride". Hopefully with some help from the BRP support team this will be resolved.

Bob Denman
07-08-2014, 07:34 AM
That's the spirit!! :yes: :2thumbs:
Can't wait to hear about the progress... :D

Purple Guy
07-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Great to hear your patience has paid off and your Spyder & you are both happy! :yes:

tofriendscreek
07-08-2014, 09:33 AM
This news makes me very happy for both you & Mark. The aggravation of equipment not working properly is hard on the body, mind & soul. May your travels continue to be the joy they always should have been. :)

Sent from my little bit of rural America via Tapatalk 2

PW2013STL
07-08-2014, 12:30 PM
This is great to hear and congrats on sticking with it! It was nice meeting you at the owners event :coffee:

Supernam
07-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Congrats on having the perfect machine and on the wonderful trip.

The 2013 ST Limited is a pretty awesome, my wife and I love it and once we get our minor issues resolved we feel we'll be riding this one for a long time.

The Bakerman
08-28-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm glad to her the good news. Almost sounds like you replaced half the bike. A rider from N.C. Spyderlovers had made air scoops for the upper center panels. I made a air scoop and sent it to a friend of mine that has an 2012 RS and he did flow test on them and had good feed back. He is making a duct to put the air where we need it. Looks like my 2011 RS-S SE5 have everything fixed and about time to my a new one.

Mike

Would you be willing to part with a template. I'm having heat problems with my 2011 RSS (boiling gas, unbelievable gas fumes) as well. Bought it new in 2011 and it only has 2200 miles on it due to some major health issues. Trying to start small. I don't have the funds right now to start adding expensive mods to try and solve this issue. If this doesn't help, maybe along with some wrap, I'll just wait for cool weather...no other choice right now. It's just the way it is.