PDA

View Full Version : Corbin- The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Crewesn
07-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Hello Everyone. I recently purchased a Pearl white 2013 ST-Limited.:yes: I ordered and installed an Ultimate Seat (black and white w/Spider logo). The seat looks great, albeit the time it took to align the seat latch.:D No big deal. I then purchased the Corbin Fleetliner bags and this is where the trouble started. I took the bike to have the bags installed at my dealer and 6.5 hours later, I am looking at a $540.00 bill and two holes in my seat and no antenna. :yikes: The website states that it should take 2-3 hours to install. However, my mechanic called California and the tech said it took him 7 hours to install. WTF!!??? I called to confirm and the tech in Floriday sid it took him over 4 hours. Then when I went to pick the bike up, the mechanic points out that I have to holes in the rear of my seat and he didn’t do it. (Of course not). :mad:Hold on it gets better! He then tells me that I have to buy a new antenna, because there is nowhere to mount the stock antenna. The instructions for mounting states that you have to install on the mud flap. Well friends, there is no mud flap on the ST-Limited. What they meant was under the seat, pointing straight back. HUH???!!! Are you kidding!!! So to sum this up…I am out of 540.00, two holes in my new seat and no antenna.
Does anyone know where I can get a wireless or shorty antenna that works with the Spyder- ST? :banghead:

Chupaca
07-07-2014, 09:00 AM
sorry to hear how wrong this all went. Walmart has those shortie antennas. Hope that at least helps some...!! :gaah:

PrairieSpyder
07-07-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry you had this problem, and hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

[I see you posted this twice. You should probably delete one and keep the one that you think best fits your subject.]

Jeriatric
07-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Call your insurance agent. Explain what you wrote here. If he/she is a good one. They will help. 'Been there'.

ARtraveler
07-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Keep us posted. Sorry to hear of the issues with the install.

Bob Denman
07-07-2014, 02:50 PM
I'd talk to the shop owner; ask if they'd be happy riding a bike with an installation (Hatchet!) job like that... :gaah:

Flamewinger
07-07-2014, 05:24 PM
I was lucky to have the Corbin tech install mine. He moved the OEM antenna to the underside of the wheel well. It stuck out at an angle and made for a round-about-trip to get to the other side of the bike.

I replaced it with this. - http://cyclegiant.com/products/34496-spyder-shorty-antenna

Susie - 2013 Spyder ST Limited
1983-2004 Goldwings. (5)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Flamewinger
07-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Also, I fail to understand why there are holes in the seat as the bags mount below the passenger grab rails. The right bag does wobble a little and I'm working on a bumper to stop the wobble.

SpyderAnn01
07-07-2014, 09:52 PM
FlamingoBabe has an antenna mounted on her ST, maybe she will chime in here.

Crewesn
07-08-2014, 05:31 AM
Also, I fail to understand why there are holes in the seat as the bags mount below the passenger grab rails. The right bag does wobble a little and I'm working on a bumper to stop the wobble.

Thanks Flamewinger....Your shorty antenna looks great. :yes: I just ordered one. Did you install it under the seat in the same location as the longer stock antenna?

The hole were in the back part of the seat. The dealer said that it must have been done when the new seat was replaced. Unfortunately for them, I replaced it. LOL! There was no damage. Yesterday I took the bike back to the shop and they are going to do the repairs and install the stock antenna. I will post pics as soon as I get the bike back. Thanks again for your promp and informative post.:thumbup::clap::yes::2thumbs:

Bob Denman
07-08-2014, 07:32 AM
Glad to hear that they're going to stand behind their work! :thumbup:

Flamewinger
07-08-2014, 10:35 AM
All I did was unscrew the long antenna and screw on the stubby. It was already mounted to the underside of the bike. The thread locker is tuff and it took a bit to loosen the OEM antenna. Works great.

1983-2004 Goldwings. (5)

Crewesn
07-09-2014, 08:37 AM
All I did was unscrew the long antenna and screw on the stubby. It was already mounted to the underside of the bike. The thread locker is tuff and it took a bit to loosen the OEM antenna. Works great.

1983-2004 Goldwings. (5)

Thanks again...The shop has finished the rework and are now doing the 600 mile checks. I orded the antenna ( on its way) and will change it out as soon as I get my bike back. Hopefully today! :yes: