PDA

View Full Version : Spyder tires are in good company!

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-06-2014, 11:04 PM
I couldn't resist posting this just for fun! :clap:Our Spyder tires are in good company! :ohyea:

I was moving my Bosch table saw the other day when I noticed, lo and behold, the tires on it are Kenda!

91140 91141

You suppose that Bosch's use of Kenda influenced BRP's choice? Far fetched, but fun to think that might be the case!

jerpinoy
07-07-2014, 12:19 AM
nice catched

Jeriatric
07-07-2014, 12:20 AM
every bicycle produced in Taiwan, and later Japan. Came outfitted with Kendas. They were most bicycle shops favorite tire too. Not because they were great, but becsuse they had the best profit margin. They were a tire for the time. Today a cyclist can spend well in excess of a hundred dollars for a tire.

"Kenda was the 27th largest tire maker in the world in 2010. In 2011, Kenda decided to sell the 50-percent share that it has in the $200 million joint venture that it started with Cooper Tire & Rubber Company in the China in 2003."

Chupaca
07-07-2014, 01:24 AM
where were they made..?? It says designed in Tiawan....:roflblack:

oldgoat
07-07-2014, 07:53 AM
The Cannondale cycling team in the Tour de France this year has KENDA printed on the shoulders of all their jerseys.

missouriboy
07-07-2014, 08:30 AM
...Today a cyclist can spend well in excess of a hundred dollars for a tire...Just goes to show the non-value of the dollar any more.

I ride an old 21-speed bicycle w/24" tires, and had to replace them from dry-rot. Two tires and tubes ran over $50 even at Walmart, for some Cheng-Shin cheapies from China. I was shocked, since all I remembered was a couple dollars or so for a tire when I was a kid.

900Dave
07-07-2014, 10:31 AM
I couldn't resist posting this just for fun! :clap:Our Spyder tires are in good company! :ohyea:

I was moving my Bosch table saw the other day when I noticed, lo and behold, the tires on it are Kenda!

91140 91141

You suppose that Bosch's use of Kenda influenced BRP's choice? Far fetched, but fun to think that might be the case!

Is there any tread left in the middle?:roflblack:

StanProff
07-07-2014, 11:47 AM

Replacement is needed at 4800 miles if they are on the rear. OppS! he's got two rears!

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-07-2014, 01:58 PM
where were they made..?? It says designed in Tiawan....:roflblack:
I don't find a "Made in ..." mark. Probably China, before it was cool to say Made in China!!

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Yep, lots. But I've rolled it around enough to wear off the new tire nubbins! :roflblack: What would that have taken, 1000 ft? They are Kendas after all!:roflblack:

The one in the photo has a bad leak though. It's already gone flat from when I took the pic yesterday!

Dan_Ashley
07-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Wet traction might be improved by upgrading them. At least the saw would be happier with the improved Ryde!

Jeriatric
07-07-2014, 05:01 PM
There's a town in Japan named Usa. Rumor used to circulate that it was named such so they could sell us made in USA items. Not true. But, many over the years have had a lot of fun with it.

Trivia :doorag:

Dan_Ashley
07-07-2014, 06:09 PM
There's a town in Japan named Usa. Rumor used to circulate that it was named such so they could sell us made in USA items. Not true. But, many over the years have had a lot of fun with it.

Trivia :doorag:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usa,_Ōita

it is not "USA, Japan". It is "Usa, Oita, Japan. It was founded in 1967. It is pronounced "uuuh-ssaaa". It was not founded to confound USA consumers.

Jeriatric
07-07-2014, 06:49 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usa_Ōita (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usa,_Ōita)

it is not "USA, Japan". It is "Usa, Oita, Japan. It was founded in 1967. It is pronounced "uuuh-ssaaa". It was not founded to confound USA consumers.

I thought I typed Usa. Wait a second.....I did. Your point is? Or, was.