PDA

View Full Version : Introduction - Hi everyone

TeresaR
07-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Hi Gals.

As you see, my name is Teresa. Been on the back of 2 wheelers as a passenger since I was 5 years old. (No, that was not a typo). when I got out on my own, I planned to learn to ride on my own, but then was in a car accident and messed up my knee. It goes out when you least expect it (walking up stairs, walking across a flat surface, whatever), so riding a bike was a big "no way". I kept imagining stopping at a red light, only to have the knee go out and me and the bike to hit the pavement.

Then I saw the spyder.

It took me 4 years, but finally talked hubby into it. :D We brought it home Thursday, but it's already in the shop to fix a leak so I've only ridden it once. I've "Passengered" once as well. I'm scared out of my mind and thrilled at the same time. I can't wait until I'm comfortable enough to do take off on my own. I haven't gotten to the open road yet, though I do have my learner's permit. I plan to take the 3wheeled course the next time they have one in the area. they're always looking for someone who has their own bike to be able to hold it (they have 2 bikes, 3 are required).

My baby is yellow, and is as of yet, unnamed and un-themed. Looking for great ideas. I had initially wanted the blue one which no longer exists, and was going to paint it wolf theme if I could find something reasonable, since to me, they look like a snarling wolf from the front. but, alas, yellow and wolf doesn't really go well together.

Hubby is praying for the pittsburgh steeler's theme. I told him he could put one pittsburg sticker, INSIDE one of the saddle bags. LOL

Eagle1
07-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the site, there is a lot of good information here, Check out the pictures for some ideas . Enjoy the ride.:ohyea::yes::ohyea::congrats::thumbup:

TeresaR
07-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome. Yep, I'm so very excited. Can't WAIT to jump on and ride into town alone. Course that means I have to practice, practice practice. that local empty parking lot may think I've moved in. LOL

Chupaca
07-06-2014, 05:42 PM
congrats on your new ryde..!! :2thumbs: and welcome to this site and the roadster world. Relax your in good hands. These machines will take care of you so practice read your manual and enjoy the ryde....:thumbup:

Bob Ledford
07-06-2014, 05:44 PM
While your busy wearing out the parking lot you need to practice a very necessary art. The art of being invisible. Ride like you are the invisible machine and pilot. No one can see you at all.

Ride safe and long, grasshopper!

JKMSPYDER
07-06-2014, 06:41 PM
I see you are in NC. Are you in western NC by chance? I communicate with western NC, upstate SC, north GA, and SE TN Spyder riders monthly for lunch one Saturday a month. Yesterday we met in Seneca, SC and had 10 spyders. If you live in western NC and are interested in joining us for monthly lunches, post here or PM me.

John Mattox
Murphy, NC

TeresaR
07-06-2014, 06:50 PM
John,

Nope, right smack in the middle. You could draw a set of crosshairs over us. LOL. We go wherever we feel like for certain things. Checking locally around, so far, See alot of Spyders around here.

PrairieSpyder
07-06-2014, 06:53 PM
:welcome:

Which model/year did you get? :nopic:

TeresaR
07-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Prarie Spyder, Take that picture of yours, and put me in the saddle, and you've got mine. :D 2014 RTS SE6. Haven't done any customizing yet, but have the back rest on order.

Here's a pic from the garage, rather than out in the bright blue sky:

When it gets back from the shop, I'll try a photo OUTSIDE. LOL

That hint of motorcycle to the right is hubby's Yamaha VStar 1300.

SPYD1
07-06-2014, 07:21 PM
:congrats::welcome:

Flash Gordon
07-06-2014, 08:59 PM
:welcome::congrats:
Prarie Spyder, Take that picture of yours, and put me in the saddle, and you've got mine. :D 2014 RTS SE6. Haven't done any customizing yet, but have the back rest on order.

Here's a pic from the garage, rather than out in the bright blue sky:

When it gets back from the shop, I'll try a photo OUTSIDE. LOL

That hint of motorcycle to the right is hubby's Yamaha VStar 1300.

:congrats::welcome:I had a Yamaha VStar 1100 Silverado, and put 25,000 on it, but now I ride a 2014 RT-L and it is a lot more fun than the VStar. Don't let the Hubby ride your Yellow Super Bee or he will not want to give it back. Ride safe and have many miles of smiles. :yes:

bodymanpainter
07-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the world of Spyders. Enjoy and ride safe! I'm from Winston Salem, NC but don't get
to go back there too often anymore but it is beautiful country in NC and some great roads in the area.
Toby :congrats:

spyderyderjim
07-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome. Yep, I'm so very excited. Can't WAIT to jump on and ride into town alone. Course that means I have to practice, practice practice. that local empty parking lot may think I've moved in. LOL

Hi Teresa & hubby,
With you riding on back of motorcycles since 5 years old you won't need much practice.
Don't let the 2014 RT-S intimidate you, they are really easy to learn to ride.
Just jump on & head out of town to get the feel of the road with it!!!
Think of RT-S as a Miata convertible car (minus one rear wheel)!!
You made an excellent choice in a 2014 Spyder RT-S SE6 as they are awesome to ride!!
Enjoy your freedom on the road!
Jim

hdlongrod
07-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Welcome! Nice trike!:f_spider:

jerpinoy
07-07-2014, 12:22 AM
:welcome: have fun and ride safe.

GloryRyders
07-07-2014, 05:59 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:................let the "farkles" begin!:yes:

Highwayman2013
07-07-2014, 06:16 AM
Welcome! My wife took the three wheel course here in PA in 2013 and now has over 10,000 miles on her spyder. Ride safe and enjoy!:)

Highwayman2013
07-07-2014, 06:22 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners This may help.

mindman
07-07-2014, 06:33 AM
:congrats: and welcome to Spyderlovers! Hope you get your ride back soon so you can resume what I'm sure will be some exciting times for you.

Commander
07-07-2014, 07:22 AM
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Go at your own pace and you will love it.

I started in a school parking lot with the practices in the back of the owners manual and then rode up and down a ten mile stretch of road (lightly traveled) about 6 times before I went on the open road.

The more you ride the better you will like it.

TeresaR
07-07-2014, 09:06 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners This may help.

Thanks! I actually already ate that one up. :D I hung around for a day or so before posting, so I've read all kinds of GREAT information on this site!

TeresaR
07-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Hi Teresa & hubby,
With you riding on back of motorcycles since 5 years old you won't need much practice.
Don't let the 2014 RT-S intimidate you, they are really easy to learn to ride.
Just jump on & head out of town to get the feel of the road with it!!!
Think of RT-S as a Miata convertible car (minus one rear wheel)!!
You made an excellent choice in a 2014 Spyder RT-S SE6 as they are awesome to ride!!
Enjoy your freedom on the road!
Jim

Jim, what a great way to think of it (as a Miata). Great idea. I've done better than I thought, that first 30 minutes. Still a little nervous taking corners. But hey, 30 minutes doesn't really give you alot of experience, right? LOL

TeresaR
07-07-2014, 09:09 AM
:welcome::congrats:

:congrats::welcome:I had a Yamaha VStar 1100 Silverado, and put 25,000 on it, but now I ride a 2014 RT-L and it is a lot more fun than the VStar. Don't let the Hubby ride your Yellow Super Bee or he will not want to give it back. Ride safe and have many miles of smiles. :yes:

LOL I Have definitely been worried about that. BTW what's an Anti Sway Bar? Been trying to figure that out.

SpyderAnn01
07-07-2014, 10:54 AM
:welcome:

ARtraveler
07-07-2014, 01:20 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde. Your impeccable taste is showing on your selection. :roflblack: :yes:

ChasCS
07-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Hi Gals.

As you see, my name is Teresa. Been on the back of 2 wheelers as a passenger since I was 5 years old. (No, that was not a typo). when I got out on my own, I planned to learn to ride on my own, but then was in a car accident and messed up my knee. It goes out when you least expect it (walking up stairs, walking across a flat surface, whatever), so riding a bike was a big "no way". I kept imagining stopping at a red light, only to have the knee go out and me and the bike to hit the pavement.

Then I saw the spyder.

It took me 4 years, but finally talked hubby into it. :D We brought it home Thursday, but it's already in the shop to fix a leak so I've only ridden it once. I've "Passengered" once as well. I'm scared out of my mind and thrilled at the same time. I can't wait until I'm comfortable enough to do take off on my own. I haven't gotten to the open road yet, though I do have my learner's permit. I plan to take the 3wheeled course the next time they have one in the area. they're always looking for someone who has their own bike to be able to hold it (they have 2 bikes, 3 are required).

My baby is yellow, and is as of yet, unnamed and un-themed. Looking for great ideas. I had initially wanted the blue one which no longer exists, and was going to paint it wolf theme if I could find something reasonable, since to me, they look like a snarling wolf from the front. but, alas, yellow and wolf doesn't really go well together.

Hubby is praying for the pittsburgh steeler's theme. I told him he could put one pittsburg sticker, INSIDE one of the saddle bags. LOL

Hi-hi there Yellow Wolf!!
Hi, how are ya, Hi, how are ya??
Um, you may not think Yellow Wolf goes together, but 100,000 natives would disagree.

Well come on in, to Your Spyder Tribe...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Wolf

Happy Trails, Yellow Wolf...

Chas

whiteyron
07-07-2014, 02:46 PM
:congrats::welcome: Hope you have mannnnnny safe and happy rides. :yes::yes::yes:

windancer
07-07-2014, 03:06 PM
:joke:
Hi Gals.

Then I saw the spyder.

TeresaR
07-15-2014, 06:45 PM
LOL I like that - much better than "banana boat" which is what my husband's been calling it.

Thanks Chas!

Hi-hi there Yellow Wolf!!
Hi, how are ya, Hi, how are ya??
Um, you may not think Yellow Wolf goes together, but 100,000 natives would disagree.

Well come on in, to Your Spyder Tribe...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Wolf

Happy Trails, Yellow Wolf...

Chas

TeresaR
07-15-2014, 07:08 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde. Your impeccable taste is showing on your selection. :roflblack: :yes:

Of course I did! :clap::clap: Thx for the welcome.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

SPYD3R
07-15-2014, 07:35 PM
BON JOUR TERESA.....
welcome aboard... :clap:
always nice to see new comers join in... :thumbup:
take your time, relax, and before you know it, you'll be out on the roads enjoying everything that comes with riding a SPYD3R.....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

billrob71
07-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Congrats Teresa and welcome to the site :welcome:

smcconnel
07-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Welcome...I can honestly say that ....since I just got mine on Sunday (well it's still at the dealer in a crate :banghead: waiting for assembly and laser alignment)

:bowdown::bowdown::spyder2:

03hdjill
07-16-2014, 05:36 AM
Congratulations and welcome!

SpyderGAAZ
08-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I just got mine last Sat STS SM5 2013Could not pass up the deal! I have 200 miles on mine and did the first 100 home from the dealer. It was fun but the first half was a bit nerve racking. By the time I hit the highway I was doing 70 and loving it. I already feel pretty comfortable and the corners are the biggest thing to master. I am smiling as I type this.....my husband used to come after the cat..now he is 3rd..after the cat and the Spyder.

Deanna777
08-13-2014, 06:31 PM
:welcome:I was a passenger for 16 years on the 2-wheel motorcycles, then 2 years ago, I ( bought a HD) traded it for a 2012 RTS-SE5 :spyder2: , it took me 1 day to get use the :spyder2: , the way it handled, steered, etc.

Last year mike and I went to Spyderfest, in Springfield, MO took a demo ride on the 14's and that did for mike and I now we both have 14'RT's, ( he has a white basic 14RT and I have the 14RTS-SE6 in Cognac) and we are enjoying them. The 14RT is a AWSOME machine. The engine is quite, and quick on the acceleration with the twist of the throttle.

I have 800 miles on it now. The first day I picked up mine I put on 160 miles , the next day I put 160.5 miles. Again Congratulation's.

This is my second :spyder2:. Deanna777:ohyea:

ChasCS
08-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Congratulations to you and hubby as well.

Yes, you both have a whole lot of fun to look forward to.

Happy Trails

Chas

SpyRyd
08-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Hi Gals.

We brought it home Thursday, but it's already in the shop to fix a leak so I've only ridden it once.

Welcome to Spyderlovers, Teresa. Also congrats on getting your Yellow Wolf!

You mentioned your Spyder was in the shop to fix a leak. Can you tell me what was leaking i.e., oil, antifreeze, gas, etc.? Also I'd be interested in what your dealer did to fix it.

Thanks

mindman
08-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Congratulations and Welcome to Spyderlovers!