PDA

View Full Version : New 2014 owner...Laser alignment question

Jedye
07-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Hello!
I just bought my new 2014 RT-Limited. Loving it. Had the '13 RT-s...and a 2010 RT. Cudos to BRP on the '14. Haven't found anything bad to say it!

That being said, I'd still loke to have the laser alignment done. Usually, my "Google-fu" is pretty good...but I can't find anyone around the New Orleans, LA or Hattiesburg, MS area that does them.

Does anyone have any suggestions or "know a guy"?

Thanks!

RUOUTHERE
07-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Here's the link to find a laser alignment dealership near you: http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealers.htm

Had my '14 RT done, big difference, well worth the $$.

Jedye
08-21-2014, 12:53 PM
For you riders in Mississippi and Louisiana, Hattiesburg Cycles will start doing the Laser Alignment next week (08-25-14).
Mine is already scheduled for Monday. :yes:

billy4644
08-25-2014, 06:40 AM
I brought mine in for an alignment and was told it was "spot on" and didn't need it. It was the second 2014 that came in that he has seen that didn't need it done. I must say that I was quite surprised, he could of told me that it was out a bit and charged me for an alignment but didn't. They did go through the bike checked for updates and did some other small stuff, and only charged me fifty dollars. It was done (or not done) at Freedom Cycle in Concord NH. :clap:

ruthie
08-25-2014, 09:32 PM
On September 20th Hattiesburg Cycles is having their first annual event "Spyders Homecoming". Will be doing Laser ailments 20% discount. If you like more information about this event PM. Also we looking into forming a Spyder Riders of America group.

bullant12
08-26-2014, 07:21 AM
If Hattiesburg is a ways to far, I am also available in Memphis, just a few hours north.:thumbup:

08-26-2014, 11:40 PM
The first 2014's (usually shipped to the south) need the alignment more then the later 2014's (most were shipped to the north). BRP made some changes halfway through the manufacturing process and the later production bikes are better, but I would still have them done just to be safe and it will still make a difference.

nslowmotion
10-16-2015, 08:48 PM
For you riders in Mississippi and Louisiana, Hattiesburg Cycles will start doing the Laser Alignment next week (08-25-14).

Did Hattiesburg cycles they do a good job for you?

DC1
10-17-2015, 01:06 PM

"See next post....LOL!"

DC1
10-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Did Hattiesburg cycles they do a good job for you?

They did a great job on mine back in March....Gonna need to call ahead and get an appointment, they stay busy..

motoswami
10-19-2015, 09:18 PM
The first 2014's (usually shipped to the south) need the alignment more then the later 2014's (most were shipped to the north). BRP made some changes halfway through the manufacturing process and the later production bikes are better, but I would still have them done just to be safe and it will still make a difference.

I musta gotten one of the earlier ones, shipped to Lynchburg, VA. A left-over 2014, I picked it up for a good price, but passed on the dealer's quoted price for laser alignment:

"$275......if it doesn't need any parts."

Need any parts???? A brand new bike might "need parts?" I thought the $275 was a little out of line, too, and felt a bit miffed so I passed.

3000 miles on the machine and I just couldn't come to grips with the way it handled, so I found a shop in Seneca, SC about an hour's ride from me that priced the job at $120 and didn't even mention a possibility of needing parts (harumph!). Both wheels were cocked to the left by 1/4" or more, so no wonder the handling was evil.

Felt so good we took the long way home.

Then, inspired by this huge step in the right direction, I had BajaRon send me a swaybar and put that on. Hardest part of the job was getting it lifted up 22" and stable enough to be safe to work under. The actual wrenching was pretty easy.

I highly recommend any RT owner who has not done both of these improvements made an appointment to get the laser work done; then move right on to the sway bar.

Money well spent.

Pete
Alto, GA