PDA

View Full Version : Saturday aftenoon ride

otter28169
07-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Yesterday BlackWydow and I took a 335 mile ride. We left out house and rode the 11 miles east into Norwich before we took King Settlement road over the hills to New Berlin where we had lunch at NY Pizzeria (Frank's). We rode State Route 8 North through Edmeston, Bridgewater, New Hartford, and Poland before we arrived in Speculator. From there we took State route 30 north along the side of Indian Lake. In the town of Indian Lake 30 and 28 merged and we rode past Blue Lake. Shortly thereafter we followed 28 South through Old Forge and into Alder Creek. In Alder Creek we headed south on State route 12 through Remsen, Utica, Waterville, and Sherburne before we reached Norwich again.
BlackWydow has some pictures and hopefully we can get them posted. 8 was a little rough in spots, but most of the roads were in good or excellent shape. There were plenty of Ethanol free fuel stops along the way, and one place on Raquette lake (on 28 between Indian Lake and Old Forge) that is open 24 hours. The scenery was quite beautiful, traffic was light (for the most part), and I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of bugs.
I hope everybody got out and got good rides in this weekend, back to the grind tomorrow.

Just sayin'...........

ARtraveler
07-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Glad you had a great ryde. :thumbup::thumbup:

Chupaca
07-06-2014, 03:24 PM
sounds like a wonderful day filled with views a plenty and a great route..glad you got the chance to get out there and ryde..!! :2thumbs::ohyea::ohyea:

billrob71
07-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a great ride