PDA

View Full Version : Working way home

murphybrown
07-06-2014, 03:34 AM
Will depart Steamboat Springs, CO in about 5 hrs. My sister is in Preston, ID for summer. There is a Spyder dealer close to her in Logan, Utah . Hoping to get answer to the extreme tire wear on new 622 trailer . First OEM right side tire shot at 2700 miles..left tire lasted about 300 more . 2d set , HiRun, no OEM to be had..right tire smooth and blew at 1700. Left had some tread left . 3d set, HiRun, again nothing else available. I have 234 miles and right tire already showing wear. Stopped at tire shop here to get opinion. That dude had opinion, none of it positive!!!!but BRP requires I have their techs assess.to be under warranty.praying Logan dealership is one of the good ones. Well a few more zzzz's before heading out. Will keep you updated..

GloryRyders
07-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Stay safe and keep a close watch on those tires..............hope and pray that the dealer in Logan can help you out!:pray::pray:

fispyder
07-06-2014, 05:47 AM
Axle might not be square with trailer. It doesn't have to be much had a boat trailer that happen too. If not square it will drag the tires a little. Have them check the bearings also

PW2013STL
07-06-2014, 06:07 AM
:wrong: And I sure hope they find out what is wrong. If not BRP should replace your trailer.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-06-2014, 07:34 AM
:gaah:.......Not being familiar with the axel , springs , and wheels set- up I can only venture a Guess here but IMHO....something is not square / aligned correctly with those three.............Even if the trailer were over-loaded by 100 % ( not likely ) this should / would not occur. As stated by someone else above the tires will wear very RAPIDLY if even a slightly out of " square " .........Mikeguyver :thumbup:.........good luck

owens9fingers
07-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Karyl .............. I'm not an expert on alignment, but it sure points to that area. I've pulled my trailer about 30K + on original tires! They still look good ..... and I've had that thing loaded down. Maybe I'm lucky, but tires should last a lot longer than what yours have! Keep us posted ........... and enjoy the ride.

Don in E Texas
07-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Where are the Laser Alignment folks when you need them?
:pray:
Sounds like the trailer is being draged and not pulled.

Hope the solution is found soon.

Don

Lamonster
07-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Has anyone checked the wheel bearings? This is no way normal and needs to be fixed asap for sure. Keep us posted.

PrairieSpyder
07-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Ryde safe. Let us know how it goes with the trailer tires.

ARtraveler
07-06-2014, 03:05 PM
We are all hoping you can get a good answer. I can't give any mechanical advice here.

Wishing you a safe and uneventful return trip. :yes:

Chupaca
07-06-2014, 03:06 PM
they covered it all above...so fingers crossed best wishes and be safe...will be waiting for an update..!! :2thumbs::ohyea::ohyea:

murphybrown
07-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Made it to my sisters...no flats..823 miles and the right tire measures LESS than 1/32...I will call Logan, UT dealership in morning but figure they might be closed. So Tuesday for sure. Very grateful no flat to fix today..only 25 miles to dealer so figure I will be OK. I list of possibilities...from bearings, to axles, to nuts and bolts!!!!! Will let you know what they tell me..
thank you all for suggestions and support...nice to know I'm not alone as I seek answers!!!!

cptjam
07-07-2014, 12:12 AM
I concur. It is either a bad axle/wheel bearings, or, the frame is crooked, causing the tires to wear so quickly. This is the third attempt to fix it. If they can't figure it out, have them call Dany, authorize new tires, then drive to Boise. The Tech there is a young man named Travis. One of the best I have met. Let him look at it; either he can fix it, or it gets lemon law action.
Just a few bolts hold the body to the chassis. With the body removed, he could see the chassis. The problem might reveal itself.
Or, bring it to me, and I can take it apart. Our guest room is open! Joe

lil rabbit
07-07-2014, 12:15 AM
MB,

Glad you made to your sisters house safe and sound. I agree with everyone's comments about how this is not right something is going on with the trailer... I hope you get a resolution soon and keep us posted on your findings and your journey home... Be safe and god bless you...

Bruce

jansboy
07-07-2014, 12:45 AM
If the tires are wearing that fast the toe in has to be way off. Something must be bent. The Dealer in Logan is a good dealer. I hope they find out what's wrong.