PDA

View Full Version : Going into neutral

rhansen309
07-05-2014, 05:05 PM
I have a 2011 RT with just over 11K miles. In just the last week or so I am having trouble getting it into Neutral. I have to push the lever two, three, four, or more times before it goes into neutral. Any thoughts. Thanks to all of the smart people on this forum.

Pennyrick
07-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I have a 2011 RT with just over 11K miles. In just the last week or so I am having trouble getting it into Neutral. I have to push the lever two, three, four, or more times before it goes into neutral. Any thoughts. Thanks to all of the smart people on this forum.

The gear selector solenoid is activated by oil pressure. If oil level is low it will have trouble getting into gear. If the oil level checks out okay it could be the selector actuator is on it's way out.

Pennyrick
07-05-2014, 06:48 PM

The gear selector solenoid is activated by oil pressure. If oil level is low it will have trouble getting into gear. If the oil level checks out okay it could be the selector actuator is on it's way out.

I'm assuming you are driving an SE.

rhansen309
07-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks I will check the oil.

billybovine
07-05-2014, 10:36 PM
I mention this just to cover the basics. When shifting from 1st to neutral if you press and hold the shifter lever for too long it will not shift. It must be a quick press and release. Other gears it does not matter.

ronrico
07-05-2014, 11:44 PM
I have been having trouble with it shifting into second and third. Have to hold the lever down for a few seconds before it will and sometimes I have to try two or three times. Any helps thx