PDA

View Full Version : EBD FAULT

900Dave
07-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Limp Home & ABS Fault.

I managed to get my ST to throw all of these faults this morning with out leaving the garage. :banghead:

I had just watched a video on belt tension & alignment. So I do not have a cricket but figured I would do the belt alignment since my belt has been tight against the inside of the sprocket for a while now. So I jacked up the rear loosened the axle bolts started the Spyder and put it in first gear. I barely had to touch the adjustment bolt and the belt came right to center. That was easy, nope! Went to shut it off and had the EBD fault. When started back up the other faults showed up. It is raining here so I did not take it on the road. I did run it front and back in the garage pressing the brakes hard each time to stop and all the fault codes and check engine light cleared.

So should it be good now? Or did I just screw up my weekend ride? Does it have to go back to the dealer?:dontknow: When the rain stops I will of course take it out for a few miles and see what happens.

Magdave
07-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Probably good. FYI if you can get a credit card between the belt and sprocket you are good to go. Running the rear tire off the ground will set the codes all you needed to do was spin it by hand.

900Dave
07-04-2014, 09:28 AM
I can get a credit in now, before I could not. After it sat 30 minutes I started it again and no faults. I should be good to go.:thumbup: Rain stopped so I will take it on the road in e few minutes. Next time I will spin it by hand.

SpyderAnn01
07-04-2014, 10:16 AM
When we check the belts when we align Spyders, Joe spins the tire about 10 revolutions forward and 10 revolutions back.

Chupaca
07-04-2014, 10:23 AM
your good to go. The nanny is not partial to running in the air...brp has some that are and do it well...:roflblack::roflblack: Once the computer resets and sees your on solid ground no codes will pop up. Enjoy your trip and be safe there will be a lot of knuckleheads out there...:lecturef_smilie: