PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Winthrope WA on the 4th

bluestratos
07-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Any one interested in taking a run up on Friday give me a call, I will be leaving Lynden around 7 a.m but that is negotiable. 360 815-4232

joet82
07-03-2014, 07:31 PM
I would, but my Spyder is out of commission right now due to the fender cracking....and I took it apart without having any pieces to be able to put it back together and not risk the fender breaking the rest of the way.

bluestratos
07-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Well it was a beautiful day and a great ride. Traffic was lighter than on a week day and Winthrop was not busy at all, lots of parking. We (Can Am Sam and I) left at 7:30 from Bellingham and arrived at 10:55 and ate an early lunch (Thanks again Sam for buying lunch) .

We were back on the road by 12:30 and had a relaxing ride back home arriving at 4:30 to my door step. I got 37mpg on the way up but that is climbing the pass so not bad at all.

My new stereo system worked great but it I have to be careful to keep the volume down, I ran it full bore a few times and came away with a nasty headache. Who need loud pipes, lol...just listen to "Twist and Shout" and watch the heads turn for a block up the street, lol.

I ran into Don and his wife Mel at the Starbucks, he is up and walk/talking after his surgery and has a cool stitched scar from just below the ear to half way around his neck....his doctor (Dr. Frankenstein... er..... no.. what was it again?) said it went well and was no worse than he had expected. He has chemo next and I am wishing him the best with this as well.