PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT activating blinker stops cruise control

Hawk
07-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Anyone seen this? On my way home from the Owner's Event, I would have it set on cruise control. I would change lanes and activate the blinker (left or right) and cruise would stop. So I would suddenly decelerate. It did it quite a few times over the 3 days back home but does not do it all the time. The only times it would cause me any concern (besides the aggravation) was when I passed someone and go to get in front of them in their lane and put my blinker on and it would do it, now I am suddenly slowing down in front of them. I usually have enough space that I was quickly able to twist the throttle and not cause them to have to slow down. Its more an aggravation than anything else. Anyone else?

Bob Denman
07-03-2014, 07:56 AM
:shocked: That's a new one...
Since they're not even housed in the same switch-pod; I'd have to just guess that the Canbus system is sending impulses to the wrong stuff at the wrong time!
Document the events, and report it to your dealer A.S.A.P.!
Please let us know what they find; Good Luck! :thumbup:

Hawk
07-03-2014, 09:06 AM
:shocked: That's a new one...
Since they're not even housed in the same switch-pod; I'd have to just guess that the Canbus system is sending impulses to the wrong stuff at the wrong time!
Document the events, and report it to your dealer A.S.A.P.!
Please let us know what they find; Good Luck! :thumbup:

Yeah, its in the shop right now for a wobble in the tires when I brake, I forgot to mention it to them. I just called and added it on. I hardly use the cruise, most of my riding is local. But yeah, its puzzled me on why that was happening. They had not heard of it either.

BikerDoc
07-03-2014, 09:31 AM
I know the nanny does not like the cruise control on when navigating curves such as exit ramps. I suspect a signal is being sent to cancel the cruise so the nanny is in more control over what it thinks is an upcoming curve or more dangerous event.. that thing has always been a tad to sensitive but i thought they had fixed that largely on the 2014

Hawk
07-03-2014, 09:35 AM
I know the nanny does not like the cruise control on when navigating curves such as exit ramps. I suspect a signal is being sent to cancel the cruise so the nanny is in more control over what it thinks is an upcoming curve or more dangerous event.. that thing has always been a tad to sensitive but i thought they had fixed that largely on the 2014

This was going on a straight highway, just changing lanes. Who knows.

Chupaca
07-03-2014, 09:55 AM
good reason for concern..the system should be set up to recognize that at 65 mph your not making a 90* right turn. Be interesting to see if they can find out why it is doing this. Otherwise they need a warning lable.."When using cruise control on freeway use hand signals for lane changes"...:roflblack::roflblack:

gonker
07-25-2014, 06:08 PM
My cruise hasn't worked yet. Dealer ordered a new switch assembly. 6000 miles so far on the 2014. Still Waiting.....When they work, do they work good? I had trouble with my 2010 not wanting to climb hills or slow down as it ran down the other side. As long as it was flat it was ok.

ulflyer
07-25-2014, 06:44 PM
This should NEVER happen. I use cruise all the time. Only time cruise kicks out is hitting the brake or down shift.

Same with mine. However, if even the side of my foot resting on the floorboard, taps the brake, ever so lightly, sideways, it will trip the cruise. Could it be, Hawk, that you are letting your foot touch yours? I've got so used to this that I seldom pick my foot up to cancel the cruise. :D

Hawk
07-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Nope. Feet were on highway pegs. Its in shop now for tires and they have yet to replicate it. Guess I am going to have to try to go pro it in action.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-26-2014, 07:43 PM
My cruise hasn't worked yet. Dealer ordered a new switch assembly. 6000 miles so far on the 2014. Still Waiting.....When they work, do they work good? I had trouble with my 2010 not wanting to climb hills or slow down as it ran down the other side. As long as it was flat it was ok.
I'M AN OLD f*RT , so I've had lots of veh's ..............the 2014 RT cruise control is the best I've ever used .......:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:, Mikeguyver

Bob Denman
07-26-2014, 09:28 PM
This should NEVER happen. I use cruise all the time. Only time cruise kicks out is hitting the brake or down shift.
:agree: I'm a "creeper", so I use the cruise control ANY time I hit a four-lane. Other than a switch that's a bit fussy about how it gets pushed; mine has worked flawlessly. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
07-26-2014, 10:47 PM
Are you positive you didn't down shift to get more power as you passed? That will definitely disengage the cruise.

Hawk
07-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Are you positive you didn't down shift to get more power as you passed? That will definitely disengage the cruise.

Yep. 100% sure.

garb55
07-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Have you added any aftermarket light
sounds like you could have a crossover between signals and brake lights

Hawk
07-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Have you added any aftermarket light
sounds like you could have a crossover between signals and brake lights

Nope. Only thing I added electrical is a horn and two outlets for heated gear run directly from the battery.