PDA

View Full Version : gs belt alignment

lou49
07-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I recently installed rt chrome rims on my 08 GS. Now I have a problem lining up my belt! It either goes to far towards the outside, or to far in! Can the rims be the culprit? Don't know what year the rt rims are! I'm following the manual instructions for the belt alignment! Any advice?:banghead:

bigsims330
07-02-2014, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Ewxr7qwqo

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?50991-I’M-having-some-difficulty-aligning-my-drive-belt-and-tensioner-the-belt-is-quot-walking-quot&p=604079#post604079

lou49
07-02-2014, 01:15 PM
I recently installed rt chrome rims on my 08 GS. Now I have a problem lining up my belt! It either goes to far towards the outside, or to far in! Can the rims be the culprit? Don't know what year the rt rims are! I'm following the manual instructions for the belt alignment! Any advice?:banghead:

Thanks for the video! That's exactly what im doing but the belt does not move! A few more turns and like i said, it goes to far to either side! Wonder if the rims have anything to do with that! I even clean out the excess chrome in the sprocket! Same results!

Chupaca
07-02-2014, 03:20 PM
you seem to be doing everything right with no success. Who assembled the wheel and was that done correctly..?? Were the bearings checked and all o rings etc installed..?? Just wondering where else you can check. Don't think the wheel would cause this...:dontknow:

lou49
07-02-2014, 05:57 PM
QUOTE=Chins35431]you seem to be doing everything right with no success. Who assembled the wheel and was that done correctly..?? Were the bearings checked and all o rings etc installed..?? Just wondering where else you can check. Don't think the wheel would cause this...:dontknow:[/QUOTE]
Well! We intalled them just as they came! I'll take the wheel off and check the bearings n the o rings! Nothing to lose n a lot to gain! Thanks for the advice!

Ps. The old rim aligns with no problem!

Spyder ri
07-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Great video! I see you have the Oxford Grip Heaters also. They are great. Nice color, same as my 2012 RS.

OJ UK
07-04-2014, 06:30 AM
This has to be a problem with the assembly of the new rim.
It may be that you can check dimensions on both rims so any disparity
can be shown. If correctly performed, I doubt that the chroming process
is in any way responsible, but it may be wise to check that the machined bearing
housings have not been plated.
It seems most likely that one of the various components of the wheel assembly
has been misaligned during re-assembly.