PDA

View Full Version : has anyone found the front end

cuznjohn
07-02-2014, 11:54 AM
to be leaning a lil with their 14 rt. when i spoke to pitbull yesterday he said that the front end does dip a lil more than it should, now i am a 300 lb. plus rider and i ordered the elkas set up for my weight, but do any of you normal weight riders feel the front shocks could and should be better that what comes from the factory.

Bob Denman
07-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm right at 200 pounds...(For Now! :D), and I kind of thought that they got the spring rate just about perfect on the new bikes... :2thumbs:
But that's just me...

garb55
07-02-2014, 12:01 PM
I'm 190 lbs.
Elka Shocks are high on my list to get
They do not list 2014 on web site yet
Don

cuznjohn
07-02-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm 190 lbs.
Elka Shocks are high on my list to get
They do not list 2014 on web site yet
Don

they only show up to 2012 on pitbulls site but if you call and order and tell them what year you have they say it is the 795.00 set

07-02-2014, 12:23 PM
I have a 2014 RT and had the same problem a little. I put Ron's sway bar on and it made a big difference in cornering, much stiffer now. I really like it. I'm only 200 pounds.

Questions
07-02-2014, 01:33 PM
I am about 280lbs. And on some roads here in NH seem to be bottoming out quite a bit (of course these particular roads are in BAD shape) at even very slow speeds. To me the front end seems a bit low even with the suspension set to HARD. But I am a new rider and figured it was just me. Next on my list is an Ultimate seat, then quite possibly different shocks if it seems that will do the trick. I think even 2 inches from bottom of bike to road would make a big difference.:sour:

ARtraveler
07-02-2014, 01:46 PM
No issues here. I ride with the electronic settings on one notch from highest.

188.5 # as of yesterday. Not that I am watching or anything like that. :roflblack:

bluestratos
07-02-2014, 05:35 PM
I am 219 and carry another #50 in gear most the time. The shocks are about right for a touring type ride, they smooth out the bumps nicely but are stiff enough to prevent too much nose dive on a panic stop. I found out on my 2011 that setting for a sport ride, ie stiff spring and valving makes for a rough ride all around but nose dives were eliminated.

Benggolf
07-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Weighing 165 lbs., I feel the OEM shocks on the 2014 are working well enough for me, but the suspension needs a stiffer sway bar. Too much lean on turns and I can't corner comfortably at speed. Will be installing the Bajaron sway bar next week.

BikerDoc
07-02-2014, 06:00 PM
:agree:
I'm right at 200 pounds...(For Now! :D), and I kind of thought that they got the spring rate just about perfect on the new bikes... :2thumbs:
But that's just me...:agree:

Myron Ah
07-02-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm 250+ and 6' tall. My 2013 RT-S seems fine . I'm still new as only had it a couple months. The ride is great with myself and the wife on it. No, I won't say ho much my wife weighs to give a total :yikes:

Eagle1
07-03-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm 250+ and 6' tall. My 2013 RT-S seems fine . I'm still new as only had it a couple months. The ride is great with myself and the wife on it. No, I won't say ho much my wife weighs to give a total :yikes:
You sir are wise man, keep mama happy.:2thumbs::ohyea:

rtmario
07-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Too low ?....simple solution:lecturef_smilie: Just add a 3/4'' aluminium shim under each of the front springs ; this will raise the front 1''+- and make the front end a little bit sportier, not too much, because the shocks still works in the smouth section of it compression and rebound stroke and then add bajaron swaybar :thumbup: ...waoow !!! this is the way the engeneering group at BRP would have want the ride to be ,but the marketing group had their word to say in the final end decision:shemademe_smilie:...they wanted a plushhh ride to suit the older majority of rider !!!(from someone working since the begening on the spyder project !!!) anyway back to the subject... then have the front aligned.

Anyway, the sway bar is one thing, in my book, a must !!! the lift , up to you again and a cheap way to do it with the shims ( compare with other shocks). but to my taste , combine both and you're in much better control:ohyea:

I ride with the electronic settings on second or third notch from lowest , that is with me and wife
for 370 pounds + luggage