PDA

View Full Version : MY MODS

ahh-cool
07-02-2014, 09:20 AM
I am starting to mod my 2012 RT-S
Some of them are simple and others will be technical. I will try to take plenty of pix before while and after.
I added arm rests and drivers seat back.
The arm rests in my opinion are too loose at the swivel point. they seam to loosen up every time you move them.
However my wife really likes them. She said they are very comfortable.
The seat back sits a little bit too high and I will figure out how to modify it when I have time. I purchased the larger model thinking this would give me more support. I'm wondering if the smaller model would have been better.9092690927
I purchased an air hawk comfort air pad. it is going back since It is not as comfortable as my original seat.

ahh-cool
07-02-2014, 09:36 AM
I have started to modify the area behind the radiator fan.
first thing that I did was remove the plastic piece from the bottom of the bike on the right side90928
I then marked and cut out an area on the panel directly above this panel. and cut it out with a dremel tool9092990930
I then sealed the wire that is connected to the bottom of this panel even though it is a waterproof connector90931
This is called cork tape. it's a impregnated tar/cork tape.
I then cut the bottom panel that I removed earlier to stiffen the side panel and give the wires a little more protection90932

ahh-cool
07-02-2014, 09:47 AM
now I'm ready for phase 2 of my heat problem.
I wanted to protect the back wall from the heat since I read where it will effect the fuel tank.
I used a rubber pad and fit that to the inside of the compartment.9093390934
I then covered the foam in radiant barrier909369093590937
I then covered part of the inside area that the foam is not covering with radiant barrier90939
I then glued the foam panel in place.90940
That's it for now

Chupaca
07-02-2014, 10:19 AM
First two are nice looking and hope you work out the kinks in those. The heat project looks like work but promises to help out quite a bit. Thanks for the visuals which will help others..wgat else...:roflblack::roflblack::popcorn:

ahh-cool
07-02-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm in the process of making floor boards
I'm installing a hitch
I'm making a cargo rack and install it on the hitch.
ordered led lights
installing an SM10 system to the radio
that's it for this week (only kidding)