PDA

View Full Version : Zumo 660 screen going blank with S/W 5.10

JoeUpchurch
07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Riding the other day with an iPod as aux source and navigation active and shouting out turn by turn directions I looked down and noticed that my screen was totally blank. A week or so I upgraded the software to 5.10 and got the latest maps. The 5.10 software upgrade solved another problem I had had but now this. Has anyone else seen this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldguyinTX
07-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Upgraded mine, no problems, works as it always has.

Bob Denman
07-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Mine's good! :D
I did the update about a week ago; after SteveDfive gave us the okay... Apparently, Garmin had to patch a glitch in the programming...
Try to run the update again! :thumbup:

sddinnh
07-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Mine's working fine with that upgrade.

Joe Upchurch
07-17-2014, 07:36 AM
I thought maybe I needed a new battery, no help there. This issue started intermittedly then became full time - I'm trying reloading the map now. Am reluctant to take it to the dealer as I don't think they will research it any faster than I can.

Joe Upchurch
07-17-2014, 08:24 AM
I don't know why but I thought I would try reloading the latest map (which I had loaded on June 24) and that cleared up the blank screen. It seems that by reloading the map that the software got reloaded also and fixed what was wrong. In any event I now have an extra battery just in case.

Bob Denman
07-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Better to have that extra battery and not need it; than suffer the reverse! :thumbup:
Glad that your Zumo is working better now! :2thumbs:

Joe Upchurch
07-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Some weeks ago my Garmin 660 started going blank, I thought I had it fixed today when I reloaded the latest map; however, as soon as I put it on my 2012 RT LTD it started the same thing - screen fades out then turns completely white. Well, I then tried it on the auto mount and it did the same thing.

Works fine off the Spyder and stable as a rock. Scxreen fades out then goes to white as soon as I mount it on the Spyder OR the auto mount.

Anyone got any ideas?

freebob
07-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Some weeks ago my Garmin 660 started going blank, I thought I had it fixed today when I reloaded the latest map; however, as soon as I put it on my 2012 RT LTD it started the same thing - screen fades out then turns completely white. Well, I then tried it on the auto mount and it did the same thing.

Works fine off the Spyder and stable as a rock. Scxreen fades out then goes to white as soon as I mount it on the Spyder OR the auto mount.

Anyone got any ideas?

Have you tried holding down the ON/OFF button on top right of garmin when on Spyder Sometime that will reset the Zumo...660 and clear
some problems...

Freebob...:doorag:

Bob Denman
07-17-2014, 01:22 PM
...Or try Updating it again...
The original update that was released, had some glitches in it that they fixed... :thumbup:

JoeUpchurch
07-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Thanks Bob - after new battery - after Garmin rep reloaded everything - after noting same failure mounted on the Spyder and in the auto cradle the rep is sending me a replacement unit. Thank goodness the factory rep pinpointed equipment failure.

freebob
07-17-2014, 10:33 PM
Thanks Bob - after new battery - after Garmin rep reloaded everything - after noting same failure mounted on the Spyder and in the auto cradle the rep is sending me a replacement unit. Thank goodness the factory rep pinpointed equipment failure.

I'm Glad Garmin came thru for you..Same thing happened to a friend on his 2012 RT LTD...they also replaced his...For what they retail for should have... LIFETIME WARRANTY...

Freebob..:doorag:

JoeUpchurch
07-18-2014, 07:27 PM
The Garmin units I used in my helicopters were outstandingly accurate and reliable. I've been just as impressed with the Zumo 660 and am really missing it. Should have the replacement unit within the next 10 days or so.

GAMIN Came through - sent me a new unit with all the accessories, too!