PDA

View Full Version : Had a great time with FlamingoBabe and HotGlue

SpyderAnn01
07-01-2014, 02:16 PM
We rode back from Durango with FlamingoBabe and HotGlue on Sunday. It was nice and cool when we left and got hotter as the day progressed. We took the road through Mexican Hat and Monument Valley which was really beautiful. You never knew what would be around the next curve. From there we hit Flagstaff and the super slab to Kingman then north across Hoover Dam and on home through Lake Meade National Recreation Area.

The plan was for all of us to ride to Oatman, AZ and Laughlin, NV yesterday but we got a late start and needed to do some shopping at Honda for Mark. So we took a quick ride through Red Rock Canyon and then last night we went to see Divas Las Vegas (male impersonators) on the Strip.

On the way home from the Strip we were talking about the heat and how it would certainly suck if your air conditioning quit working. We got home to find just that, our A/C had gone out. It was a little warm in the house but with some fans we managed to sleep. I'm waiting now for the repairman to get here. This morning I took them to the Spyder dealer so Mark could get a cool vest and while we were therie Mark saw a Yamaha that a friend of his from Texas traded for a Spyder ST.

Mark and Charlyne are on their way to Oatman to see the donkeys and then on to Laughlin for a little gambling. We have a high heat warning today with the high in Las Vegas expected to be 111 and it will be a little hotter in Laughlin. 908999090090901

ARtraveler
07-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Great ryde! Some of my favorite country. :yes::yes::yes:

Chupaca
07-01-2014, 02:22 PM
How could you not..!! :clap::firstplace:

Magdave
07-01-2014, 03:26 PM
...And how is FB's St doing is it all better now ( I hope). :thumbup:

arntufun
07-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Michigan is nice this time of year Ann ....... Just sayin !!!!

PrairieSpyder
07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Glad you're home OK. It was nice spending time with you and Joe.

SpyderAnn01
07-01-2014, 09:54 PM
A/C repairman got here at 7:00 pm and found that the motor had seized up. Good thing the breaker tripped as it was trying hard to start a fire. He had a new motor on the truck and the really good news is that the old motor was under warranty! $200 and I should be cool tonight.

PW2013STL
07-01-2014, 10:08 PM
A/C repairman got here at 7:00 pm and found that the motor had seized up. Good thing the breaker tripped as it was trying hard to start a fire. He had a new motor on the truck and the really good news is that the old motor was under warranty! $200 and I should be cool tonight.

Great news and I am glad you did not have another fire to deal with. It was nice meeting you at the owners event even though you did not get time to enjoy it :banghead: