PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Cruise Control

JKMSPYDER
06-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Lately I have been having a problem with my cruise control. When I first use it during a ride it will work normally. Then at some point after braking it may refuse to set. If I wait 5 or 10 minutes to reset while riding, it may start working again. Very frustrating and it doesn't happen on every ride. A buddy of mine with an ST Ltd says his does the same thing. Should it be replaced under warranty or is something else going on?

rayeade
06-30-2014, 06:55 AM
I have a similar problem with mine. I had it in the shop last week and the shop supervisor took it for a ride and he thought it worked ok. What he was doing was to push the cruise switch up and the cruise would set. I trie it and it does work but that is not the way it should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Denman
06-30-2014, 09:07 AM
I have found that the switch on mine is a bit, "fussy"... :shocked:
It takes a very deliverate push that moves the entire switch; mine wants to "tip" just a little bit! :gaah:

ARCTIC
06-30-2014, 10:03 AM
X2 on the brakes. Try lifting on the brake pedal and see if it will set after that

billybovine
06-30-2014, 10:03 AM
I am having the same problem and it is caused by the brake lights staying on. When the cruise won't set, tap the brake pedal and that will clear the problem. Beware the brake lights could stay on while parked. So check before walking away. I have come out a restaurant to see my brake lights still on. My brake lights stayed on in the parking lot at the BRP Tech Center, when I was there for the factory tour. That opened the discussion about the problem with BRP Care Steve and a BRP Tech fellow, I am sorry but I forgot his name. They said they having trouble with dirt getting in the switch and it was time to take it to the dealer and have the switch replaced.

billybovine
06-30-2014, 10:16 AM
X2 on the brakes. Try lifting on the brake pedal and see if it will set after that

In my case I tried lifting the pedal. It seemed like a reasonable thing to try but it did absolutely no good.

jerpinoy
06-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Take it to your dealer and get it fix.

Rose Corey
08-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Lately I have been having a problem with my cruise control. When I first use it during a ride it will work normally. Then at some point after braking it may refuse to set. If I wait 5 or 10 minutes to reset while riding, it may start working again. Very frustrating and it doesn't happen on every ride. A buddy of mine with an ST Ltd says his does the same thing. Should it be replaced under warranty or is something else going on?

Mine was working intermittently but an electronic spray (computer spray) directly in the unit fixed it. It no longer sticks or stops working. I will keep a small can of spray on the bike for long trips...

chuck gross
09-01-2014, 09:38 PM
My STL was having this issue on my ride today the cruise control wouldn't set first time this has ever happened makes sense that this can be caused by the sticky switch I asked my Wife if she noticed my brake lights sticking as she was on her RT right behind me and she said my ST lights are weird?? so not much help from my better half I will talk to my dealer as he is checking on some new air scoops for the STL

JKMSPYDER
09-02-2014, 07:03 AM
My cruise control problem was taken care of by a new brake light switch. When brake light was on the cruise control wouldn't work.