PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected road trip

coachk
06-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Ps. We have since purchased jeans & sweatshirts as Wyoming is colder than a well-diggers butt.

PW2013STL
06-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Ps. We have since purchased jeans & sweatshirts as Wyoming is colder than a well-diggers butt.

??? Must be an inside story.

Highwayman2013
06-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Very Hush Hush:rolleyes:

Chupaca
06-28-2014, 11:08 PM
unplanned perhaps...:roflblack: And picking up a wardrobe could be unexpected but we all have done it. Plastic bags, newspapers, laytex gloves and pantyhose all make a bad weather trip much better. Hope thats the only snag... :thumbup:

coachk
06-28-2014, 11:15 PM
??? Must be an inside story.

Darn, I tried to edit my original post with a ps & it zapped my original.

Long story ore short as I'm not going to rewrite everything. 40th anniversary trip out west hauling our Spyder & Motorhome breaks down in St. Louis. 3 to 4 weeks to get parts & repair. Unload the Spyder & continue on our way leaving the motorhome in St. Louis. To date we have traveled nearly 2,000 miles. Put new shoes on her in Rapid City, SD & continued our trip. We have loved every minute of it. What a way to see America on the saddle of a Can-Am. We are in Cody, Wy now & we'll be riding the bear tooth pass on Monday & heading to Yellowstone on Tues.

ps. I will not try to edit this post

Chupaca
06-28-2014, 11:30 PM
now thats the way to do it..!! be safe and from your post you are already enjoying it...:2thumbs::ohyea:

Dragonrider
06-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Been there & done that! (That's Beartooth, Cody, and Yellowstone... wouldn't consider riding any kind of bike very far East of the Rockies.... Our weather is bad enough).

cyclelover63
06-29-2014, 02:25 AM
Happy 40th Anniversary!!!...Motorhome breaking down may have been a blessing in disguise!!

Highwayman2013
06-29-2014, 06:43 AM
We don't need no stinkin' motorhome. Sounds like making lemonade out of lemons. Enjoy!:yes:

ARCTIC
06-29-2014, 08:16 AM
I just got back from riding that area. Beartooth was 38 degrees F and raining going up over the top on Sunday (week ago). They had the Beartooth basin ski lift going monday morning :clap:

coachk
06-29-2014, 11:58 PM
Been there & done that! (That's Beartooth, Cody, and Yellowstone... wouldn't consider riding any kind of bike very far East of the Rockies.... Our weather is bad enough).

Since leaving St. Louis on June 21 we have really been lucky weather wise. Leaving Devils Tower, Wy. we were heading to Buffalo, Wy for the night when we encountered one of the nastiest looking thunderhead's I have ever seen. I was 14 miles from Moorcroft, Wy. in the middle of nowhere. Needless to say I put the hammer down & made it to Moorcroft about 2 minutes before Armageddon hit. I may have soiled myself getting there watching that wicked lightning.

To date, we have been to the Corn Palace, the Badlands, Custer State Park, Mt. Rushmore, road the Needles Highway & Iron Mountain road, Deadwood, Devils Tower, & Cody. Tomorrow is Red Lodge Montana & the Bear Tooth Hwy along with Chief Joseph Hwy. Tuesday we have reservations at the Old Faithful Lodge for a couple of days to explore Yellowstone. After that the Grand Tetons await.