PDA

View Full Version : vacuum hose replacment on st

greybeard
06-28-2014, 11:42 AM
I have a St that went into limp home mode and would not idle. Pulled a p2279 code, checked all the posts and everything points to the 2vacuum hoses being cracked. Pulled some body panels off and found the rear hose and seems o.k.. the problem is my nearest dealer is 100 miles away and I have no trailer, if I can fix myself would be great. Pulped every panel from left side and still can't get to front hose. Anyone have this problem on St ?

jtoro1
06-28-2014, 11:50 AM
I have a St that went into limp home mode and would not idle. Pulled a p2279 code, checked all the posts and everything points to the 2vacuum hoses being cracked. Pulled some body panels off and found the rear hose and seems o.k.. the problem is my nearest dealer is 100 miles away and I have no trailer, if I can fix myself would be great. Pulped every panel from left side and still can't get to front hose. Anyone have this problem on St ?

I read it is the 2 hoses on left side of throttle bodies. 3 inch long

greybeard
06-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Exactly, my problem is getting to the front hose to check it or repair. took all the side panels off but air box in the way. Should I try coming from bottom?

Yazz
06-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Exactly, my problem is getting to the front hose to check it or repair. took all the side panels off but air box in the way. Should I try coming from bottom?

Do you have a maintenance manual? Don't have a ST, but the airbox gets in the way of alot of things. Can you unscrew the bottom of the box and shift it over to get to the hoses?

SpyderAnn01
06-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Why don't you use your warranty?