PDA

View Full Version : 6500 mile check

tatt2r
09-18-2008, 06:41 PM
just picked up spyder from dealer ...WOW ....wasn't expecting a $520.00 bill ...oil change and adjust valves .... but they did wash it and on a lighter note they are going to warranty my rusty nuts (lug that is)
but it still didn't make me look any better ...
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c269/tatt2r/newbury1.jpg
stopped in newburyport mass... to calm my sticker shock ...

spydeebike
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
thats the price of riding 6500 miles, i have 1000 miles and it'll be a long way b4 i reach your level.

tfjunkie
09-18-2008, 11:39 PM
$560.00 and I am not complaining.

I usually like to do my own work. But my present schedule has me very busy and i am not well versed in shim under bucket. Not to mention metric v-twin motors .

I dropped it off and listed the following problems.....

#1......Brakes!!!
Going fast is fun, Stopping, even more important.

#2...parking brake......no fun watching it roll downhill, while everyone goes " look at that "......( and you are chasing it ) .

First time i did an oil change took me 2-3 hrs. Lots of plastic removal involved. To actually change the oil 30 mins . includes 10 min coffee brk

Turns out the front cylinder valves were too tight...( it happens ) .
Air was in the brake system . ( no clear explanation )
There is a service bulletin on the parking brake . ( Parts )

Dropped it off on 8/12. told the service folks i would be out of town and to take their time .
Picked it up this past tuesday.
Wednesday i was up on 129 and the dragon and the skyway.

Got any cool spydee tat2s to post?

John

tatt2r
09-19-2008, 09:37 AM
thats the price of riding 6500 miles, i have 1000 miles and it'll be a long way b4 i reach your level.

not complaining just venting ...and letting people know what they have to look forward to ... and i hit 7000 on the way to work this morning .... and i have a spyder tattoo ready to go on me when one of my minions has time to do it ....i will post it when done ,,,,