PDA

View Full Version : 18 years ago

bruiser
06-25-2014, 01:56 PM
I was reminded this morning by a brother airman and close friend who was there. Khobar Towers was hit by a 5,000 pound truck bomb. Nineteen personnel were killed and many hundreds injured, including my close friend. Despite his own injuries, he, like many others, reentered the building and began bringing out injured troops. My friend still has the blanket that protected him from being more severely wounded from flying glass. He suffers from PTSD and the effects of head trauma.

There was and still is much debate about the failure of higher ups to protect our troops when there was more than sufficient intel that Khobar would be attacked. I won't go in to that. It's a moot point. For those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, and those still paying, I will silently salute you. Rest well my brothers, we have the watch.

Captain Christopher Adams
Captain Leland Haun
Master Sergeant Michael G. Heiser
Master Sergeant Kendall K. Kitson
Technical Sergeant Daniel B. Cafourek
Technical Sergeant Patrick P. Fennig
Technical Sergeant Thanh V. Nguyen
Staff Sergeant Ronald King
Staff Sergeant Kevin Johnson
Sergeant Millard D. Campbell
Senior Airman Earl R. Cartrette Jr
Senior Airman Jeremy A. Taylor
Airman 1st Class Christopher Lester
Airman 1st Class Brent E. Marthaler
Airman 1st Class Brian W. McVeigh
Airman 1st Class Peter W. Morgera
Airman 1st Class Joseph E. Rimkus
Airman 1st Class Justin Wood
Airman 1st Class Joshua E. Woody

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3c/AnschalgInZahran1996_KhobarTower.jpg/300px-AnschalgInZahran1996_KhobarTower.jpg

Eagle1
06-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Well said, they like so many others paid the ultimate price.

ALL GAVE SOME
SOME GAVE ALL !! :pray::pray:

U.S.A.F.
Vietnam 67-68-69

ARtraveler
06-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Thank you for posting. We should not forget nor forgot those that gave their all.

oldguyinTX
06-25-2014, 02:38 PM
:agree: And to the many who still are. How many non-veterans do you think even know about the Khobar Towers? I would wager that it is very few, and more's the pity.

Oldmanzues
06-25-2014, 07:34 PM
I will offer my Slow Final Salute to their memory.
Freedon is not Free and never has been.
PGR Mission today VN service

Varying a little but on the same subject. Google a "Pittance of Time" on U-tube. It is actual British but worth watching
Oldmanzues